• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

jexyheir

Feb 19, 2020

Yeah, you see all, I have no problem with Maya being head over heels for him and living through tons of shit for him. That is shown, good and all, etc.
Problem is that from he's side there's nothing really. While we see that he is trying so hard to return/restore/remake parts of what Sekai was for him, he does shit all about/with Maya. The most is his words about how he loved her, which are useless, as dude lies to himself more than breathes on top of not remembering shit. And then he's breaking into coma cause subconscious reasons in the past, imagine them yourself for now. Yeah, not buying it.

The most I could probably buy is that he broke down cause Maya was his project of now lost Sekais' teaching about how to break wizards into eternal love and the result got lost so he will get an F.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
While we see that he is trying so hard to return/restore/remake parts of what Sekai was for him,
We do? When? I have read this by now multiple times, about that he wants Sekai back and all that. Just nothing in the game itself that would even hind at it.

Draven X 23

Mar 29, 2018
Howdy. New to the game. Honestly just downloaded it. But I have no idea how to get the DRM Patch. I click on it and it just takes me to a new screen full of random stuff I do not understand. So I am guessing its coding.

I am asking, what do I do? Thanks.

May 25, 2022
Howdy. New to the game. Honestly just downloaded it. But I have no idea how to get the DRM Patch. I click on it and it just takes me to a new screen full of random stuff I do not understand. So I am guessing its coding.

I am asking, what do I do? Thanks.
Have you downloaded and added the care package extras? If not you don't need to worry about the DRM patch. Otherwise the DRM fix involves replacing the gui.rpy file for the 'cleaned' one that you should get directed to from the OP.

Reactions: Draven X 23

jexyheir

Feb 19, 2020
We do? When? I have read this by now multiple times, about that he wants Sekai back and all that. Just nothing in the game itself that would even hind at it.
Isn't pretty much everything he does is done in a way Sekai would praise? Isn't he right now trying to fill parental part of hole with Touka? Isn't he trying to fill other holes in predatory ways learned from her, cause sex is good? Isn't his whole relationship with Maya even started is because he's trying to imitate or get approval or something? Isn't he thinking trying same shit with another wizard? Isn't he putting others on similar way?
And he did/does all of that willingly to my knowledge. It would even make sense if he only took Ami cause she cared about her.

But I don't really know. It's not like I'm stating facts here, just what I personally got out of how story is told.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Isn't pretty much everything he does is done in a way Sekai would praise? Isn't he right now trying to fill parental part of hole with Touka? Isn't he trying to fill other holes in predatory ways learned from her, cause sex is good? Isn't his whole relationship with Maya even started is because he's trying to imitate or get approval or something? Isn't he thinking trying same shit with another wizard? Isn't he putting others on similar way?
And he did/does all of that willingly to my knowledge. It would even make sense if he only took Ami cause she cared about her.

But I don't really know. It's not like I'm stating facts here, just what I personally got out of how story is told.
That is all? I am a bit disapointed. Because tbh, i would just see that as the implementation of victims of abuse, often abuse themself later in life concept. Nothing about that tells me anything about him wanting Sekai back i any way, shape or form. I mean nothing you said after that is technically wrong, i just wouldnt connect it so directly to Sekai, even tho she is surely to blame for this character flaw of his at the very least partial.

And if she would really approve of what he does? Tbh, i dont think we actually know enough about Sekei to know that. I am not even convinced the Sekai we see is really her and not just some supernatural thing that wears her appearance. So all we really have are those few flashbacks with her. And even the accuracy of those is questionable imo.

That is also the reason why i am not so sure if she really cared about Ami. Maybe she did, maybe she didnt. So far i really dont believe we have enough information to tell for sure.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
There's actually multiple boxes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And Maya usually seemed to barricade certain hallways with them:
Sensei does tend to help Maya carry at least one box between every reset, but the rest she might do on her own.

Why Maya did this isn't clear, but in theory:

These boxes may be there to protect, and guide whoever to the roof. The one reset she was unprepared for:
(Pareidolia probably messed with her head like it's probably been doing to everyone since Sensei connected to it) This thing showed up on the roof during that reset:
So, since Maya was caught off guard, she may have not moved all of the boxes to where they needed to be, leaving the roof vulnerable to supernatural stuff that normally wouldn't get past the boxes. (Possibly even why Sensei blacked out and killed her when he's usually came to his senses on the roof)

Considering that New Maya probably has no idea what the boxes or resets even are, the next time they go to the roof, they may have no protection at all.

As for what's in the boxes, whatever is in control of things doesn't seem to want anyone to know (besides maybe Maya, if she actually knew what was in them). Ayane saw what was in them but at some point it was casually erased from her mind that they even exist:
This helps. One other question though, you mention the appearance of BIG BOI, and as far as we know it's a good thing he showed up cause otherwise the girls wouldn't have been able to reset. Which apparently was super easy for him and he didn't have to ask for anyone's help.

BUT with Maya, she probably had to pray for her god that left the shrine everytime (?) - which god do you think is that? I mean, is the reset even something they should have to ask for? Is it not something the next god in the cycle wants anyway?

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
OK. I just see it on the front like 5 times so I thought it might be important.
Yeah, that is just because if you use the care packages without the DRM patch, game will be so nice to delete your savegames. And that would really suck if you didnt made a backup of your savegames. And because of such nice DRM, it is really highly recommended to backup your savegames regularly.

Reactions: Draven X 23

jexyheir

Feb 19, 2020
Yeah, I maybe said it like "we can clearly see" when what I meant was "we can easily interpreter it that way". My bad.

And I agree that we don't have enough info on Sekai. And still I have no problems to imagine him with feelings toward her, while I do have with Maya, is what I'm saying.

Reactions: Moonflare

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Yeah, I maybe said it like "we can clearly see" when what I meant was "we can easily interpreter it that way". My bad.

And I agree that we don't have enough info on Sekai. And still I have no problems to imagine him with feelings toward her, while I do have with Maya, is what I'm saying.
Ah, okay, this makes much more sense. And i agree, you might be right with your interpretation. But i dont think we currently have enough information to be sure about it.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
That is all? I am a bit disapointed. Because tbh, i would just see that as the implementation of victims of abuse, often abuse themself later in life concept. Nothing about that tells me anything about him wanting Sekai back i any way, shape or form. I mean nothing you said after that is technically wrong, i just wouldnt connect it so directly to Sekai, even tho she is surely to blame for this character flaw of his at the very least partial.

And if she would really approve of what he does? Tbh, i dont think we actually know enough about Sekei to know that. I am not even convinced the Sekai we see is really her and not just some supernatural thing that wears her appearance. So all we really have are those few flashbacks with her. And even the accuracy of those is questionable imo.

That is also the reason why i am not so sure if she really cared about Ami. Maybe she did, maybe she didnt. So far i really dont believe we have enough information to tell for sure.
I do not believe he does things looking for praise from Sekai either. What I think is that she managed to screw with all of his understandings about what love is and he was a prisoner to her whims until she died and left him bereft of knowing how to function.

And concerning present events, I don't think he wants Sekai back, I think he's terrified of her and he's shown plenty of times that he wants her to disappear and not mess with him anymore. That doesn't discount the fact that she was his world, and that she made his entire warped worldview until he was almost an adult, so there are conflicted emotions there. The thing about him stopping to feel anything when she died, not being able to love, and stuff like that - doesn't mean that he wants her back. Moreso that he never learned how to feel without being in an abusing mess, and in the moments that he does he feels like he doesn't deserve it since she did manage to warp his head to that extent (which is obviously not true and he could move on in a hundred different ways).

Last edited:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
And concerning present events, I don't think he wants Sekai back, I think he's terrified of her and he's shown plenty of times that he wants her to disappear and not mess with him anymore. That doesn't discount the fact that she was his world, and that she made his entire warped worldview until he was almost an adult, so there are conflicted emotions there.
Yeah, at the very least he want the ghost that is hunting him go away. But if it would be about the real person, i could see him be conflicted and unsure what he actually would want.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I just thought of something. When irl victims of abuse try to cope with longtherm abuse, their brain does actually trick them into believing they actually love their abuser, to end the conflict of a constant fight, flight reaction when both possibilities are not possible.

So even with the limited information i believe that could be what is going on in the relationship between him and her. Which would end up with some sort of hating love in his brain. And after the accident he suddenly had to take care of a girl that is so much like her.

What if even after the accident the constant fight, flight reaction with both choices still be impossible in the form of Ami? So his whole trauma kept going on with the daugther. I mean it isnt so unusual for human to transfer emotions they have for certain people on to people that remind them of those people.

Now i really wish we would know more about the relationship of ami with her mother. Because without knowing how her side of this would look like to explain why she is so hellbend on taking care about her uncle, the puzzle keeps uncomplete. :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jexyheir

jexyheir

Feb 19, 2020
he didn't touch a single person
Did I miss a confirmation of that or we don't have one?

she was the one that came onto him, and more or less forced
Yeah but then she's basically continuing Sekai's project which he apparently against. And that makes no more sense. So I'm gonna stick with my guns for now. Maybe it'll change someday.
What won't change is the fact that Selly made potentially strongest event for mc absolutely useless for reader.

Marie IV

Sep 9, 2023
what the fuck is Good Kid doing here?

Is Selebus a fan of Torontonian bands? can we get Alvvays next chapter too? Who's got Selebus' income stats, how many subscribers hail from the GTA?

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 292 Votes