• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
When i click on the option " See what Nao is up to " .
I get the error " your save file is corrupted ", I was able to get to this point without an issue.
is there a way to fix this? preferable without using other's save file
View attachment 3601761
Note: This is not how Ren'py tells you a save file is corrupted. In fact, I'm pretty sure Ren'py simply WON'T tell you a save file is corrupted. It will simply not load the save file when you try to load it, or you'll get your standard Ren'py error screen.

This is the game fucking with you.

It's always the game fucking with you.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Raid night is pretty religious but 'horny' is one of the best reasons to skip because she'll have a story to tell the group later. Likelihood is screaming into a pillow, sending pics to related parties and trying too hard to make it happen again.
"Sorry I'm late, everybody, I was getting double-teamed by my boss and my teacher"
"Geez, Molly, you're trying to hard to convince us you're not a virgin."

Qrash

Dec 24, 2020
There's not a single character but Ami that I can think of that could have made Akira react like this unironically.

In the totem pole of characters that could make Sensei be extremely devastated, I can see Maya being a runner up, along with maybe Ayane and Niki, making sensei very sad, but nothing warranting a full on mental breakdown.
Sure, but Ami has been getting killed the entire time. Ami should be first in his heart I agree, but I think he hasn't really seen her as a person until very recently. The thing that made Maya special to him is that she was existing on the same plane as him, i.e she was a constant and fully aware of the state of the world. Well that, and she was seemingly unattainable, which of course created a fascination. This allowed their relationship to grow slowly and naturally over the course of his "rebirth" so I understand why he would feel like he lost the one thing he cared about the most, because to this version of Sensei, he did care about her the most. Maya was the only one he saw as a human being the entire time, as opposed to all the other girls,including Ami unfortunately, who he saw as toys.

Now should it have been this way based on things we know now about their relationship? Probably not but I think it's kind of obvious that Sel didn't plan every single detail of this story from the very beginning. And even if he did frankly, time changes you, the Sel who started LiL and the Sel writing LiL now are not the same. I know I'm not the same person I was four years ago.

Reactions: chronox42
Apr 2, 2020
im also one part of the group that was never attached to maya but i can still understand to an extent why sensei was broken up until then he wasn't taking anything seriously and felt untouchable even tho Maya kept warning him that there can be consequences for his actions now that the shoe has dropped hes realized things can get worse and that anything he does can be erased . its way hes trying to become better but also slowly giving into hes even darker side .

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
Does anyone know if the bug that made the game uncompleteable without URM or whatever is still around? I've been itching for a new full playthrough but I don't want to deal with any of that.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Maya was the only one he saw as a human being the entire time, as opposed to all the other girls,including Ami unfortunately, who he saw as toys.
This is actually a good point. Maybe toys is not the right therm, but i think you are right. I mean she was probably the only person who is 100% aware of what he is doing and thinking. And while she did "judge" him, and in the end nothing he did or didnt do, did actually change anything in their relationship.

No matter how often she called him disgusting. Nothing did ever change for the worse. She was the only stable constant in this world for him. No matter what he would do, she wouldnt leave him and she wouldnt actually judge him for him. She knew who he was.

I think a problem for people who dont feel the same way about this is, that if you werent able to get it before, now all they get is tell, because there now nothing more to show. At least not directly and i am actually a bit disapointed he really did spend the night with eraser maya.

Reactions: Pedro4545454

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Does anyone know if the bug that made the game uncompleteable without URM or whatever is still around? I've been itching for a new full playthrough but I don't want to deal with any of that.
What are you even talking about? I have never needed URM to complete a chapter.

Edit: Also the game is not complete, so you cant complete it right now either way. :unsure:

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
What are you even talking about? I have never needed URM to complete a chapter.

Edit: Also the game is not complete, so you cant complete it right now either way. :unsure:
I remember seeing a couple of posts about how some old main event got bugged around update .37 or .38

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
I think a problem for people who dont feel the same way about this is, that if you werent able to get it before
I have accepted that I will never get the Sensei-Maya connection. I have never understood what it is about her that is so amazing - she might be the perfect match for Sensei for whatever reason, but she's pretty far down on the list for me, and I don't expect that to change. There have been moments (e.g., their day at the street festival) where their story affected me emotionally. But I don't think I will ever get why she is somehow the one he cares about the most. I used to think it was because we had only seen her after all the resets had broken her, but if the Maya we are seeing now is the pre-reset Maya, then she (along with her "flashback to tutoring days" self) is kind of a bitch.

I don't actively hate her like I do Nodoka, but she's always been "meh" to me.

Reactions: andreandre2

Qrash

Dec 24, 2020
I think a problem for people who dont feel the same way about this is, that if you werent able to get it before, now all they get is tell, because there now nothing more to show. At least not directly and i am actually a bit disapointed he really did spend the night with eraser maya.
It was one of those things that had to happen. And I'm glad it did because it kind of showed us Maya's perspective on how she viewed Sensei up until he started to get memories back and show signs that the person that she loved
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
was still in there somewhere. I highly doubt he's ever going to touch her again, or at least I hope he doesn't unless she starts to show similar signs.

Slub

Oct 9, 2020
This is actually a good point. Maybe toys is not the right therm, but i think you are right. I mean she was probably the only person who is 100% aware of what he is doing and thinking. And while she did "judge" him, and in the end nothing he did or didnt do, did actually change anything in their relationship.

No matter how often she called him disgusting. Nothing did ever change for the worse. She was the only stable constant in this world for him. No matter what he would do, she wouldnt leave him and she wouldnt actually judge him for him. She knew who he was.

Hah, made almost the exact same statement a few pages ago.
Without Maya, it just seems pointless from the point of view of Sensei, similarly to how Makoto has been thinking of life ever since getting to know about the reset. The mental breakdown seemed like a good reflection of it.

It really made me lose interest in the game, though. The other students are nice side characters that provide some distraction, but none of them really matter to Sensei and the story seems even more random and up to the whims of the gods now. Might as well get rid of the protagonist completely at this point since he's been reduced to just another side character.

Jul 23, 2021
"Sorry I'm late, everybody, I was getting double-teamed by my boss and my teacher"
"Geez, Molly, you're trying to hard to convince us you're not a virgin."
Her attempt at the tentacle vs Makoto already sold her as a virgin to Nodoka, which means it was sold to everyone with an occasional autograph.

for what it's worth it may be the difference between WoW and FF14 players at this point.

Qrash

Dec 24, 2020
Without Maya, it just seems pointless from the point of view of Sensei, similarly to how Makoto has been thinking of life ever since getting to know about the reset. The mental breakdown seemed like a good reflection of it.

It really made me lose interest in the game, though. The other students are nice side characters that provide some distraction, but none of them really matter to Sensei and the story seems even more random and up to the whims of the gods now. Might as well get rid of the protagonist completely at this point since he's been reduced to just another side character.
That's why I personally wish, and this may be an unpopular statement, that this game didn't really go for the whole "supernatural/meta-existential" angle to begin with. I feel like it doesn't need it. These are good characters, and there's enough going on with them in their mundane, human lives that I feel like the other elements kind of get in the way of that. Especially since that with the whole "supernatural" side of the narrative, the characters have no agency whatsoever. There is nothing they can do about any of the things that are happening to them or around them.

The most excited I was for the more fantastical elements of the plot were around when Yumi and Tsuneyo were breaking out of the matrix and it seemed like they, along with Sensei, Maya, and Ayane were actually could do something to resist the world.

Reactions: derekthered56

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Must have missed that post then.
Hm, i mean i think maya is an important part. But wouldnt agree with you here. Because he is the hero, and now he has to overcome this. Lets be honest, there werent that many time where he actually had to overcome something, instead of just getting what he wants on a silver plate at the end.

Could actually help him to finally become a character, i mean one who doesnt just either fucking or whining around. I mean, if maya was all that kept you interested in the game. Well, that sucks for you.

That's why I personally wish, and this may be an unpopular statement, that this game didn't really go for the whole "supernatural/meta-existential" angle to begin with. I feel like it doesn't need it. These are good characters, and there's enough going on with them in their mundane, human lives that I feel like the other elements kind of get in the way of that. Especially since that with the whole "supernatural" side of the narrative, the characters have no agency whatsoever. There is nothing they can do about any of the things that are happening to them or around them.

The most excited I was for the more fantastical elements of the plot were around when Yumi and Tsuneyo were breaking out of the matrix and it seemed like they, along with Sensei, Maya, and Ayane were actually could do something to resist the world.
Well, i think we basically have two stories going on. One on the ground level with the girls, that are not affected by all the supernatural stuff. Or at least most of the time are not affected. And then we have on another level the supernatural stuff, that is most of the time just barely affected by anything of the groundlevel.

And i would think that one is actually been able to enjoy the groundlevel stories, while ignoring/skipping most of the supernatural stuff is quite possible.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Continuing with the box discussion from the other day, this is the last maya event from chapter 2.

After their date watching the fireworks, Maya tells Akira she has a present for him. She then corrects herself, saying it's not a present, but that by honoring the tradition it would help her deal with their changing relationship, so she needs his help carrying it. Akira asks if he can look at what's inside this time, and she says that if he can open it, he can take a look at it. But she says she doesn't have it with her, and that they'll have to go get it in the dorms... BUT as she says this, Maya's gone and the box is already there with him.

Scene change, he's with the box talking to Ami

Another scene change, he's with the box talking to Sekai

Through the entire thing, he's talking to Maya and making his way to her bedroom to get the box.

No idea who that is. Scene change, he's with Ayane and Maya and the box.

Scene change he's taking the photo of the girls before everything and with the box.

Scene change, he's at the dorms and holding the box.

I'd like to hear some thoughts on this, and I'm also missing a few details. First, what is the ritual exactly? Maya keeps the box in her bedroom at the dorms and then as the reset is about to happen she takes the box where exactly?

Second, what is the purpose of this? It doesn't seem to have any effect on the reset, so maybe what's inside the box is kept intact through resets? Cause if that's the case, it would make sense for it to be something that is modified by her during the resets, otherwise you wouldn't have to save it, it would remain regardless as something that existed before the resets I think. But then it would contradict it being Akira's memories, since it would fit more being her notes on the resets or something.

And third, maybe the box is what's buried underneath his feet? Are his notebooks of poems inside? Yeah that's my limit for now I think...
There's actually multiple boxes:
And Maya usually seemed to barricade certain hallways with them:
Sensei does tend to help Maya carry at least one box between every reset, but the rest she might do on her own.

Why Maya did this isn't clear, but in theory:

These boxes may be there to protect, and guide whoever to the roof. The one reset she was unprepared for:
(Pareidolia probably messed with her head like it's probably been doing to everyone since Sensei connected to it) This thing showed up on the roof during that reset:
So, since Maya was caught off guard, she may have not moved all of the boxes to where they needed to be, leaving the roof vulnerable to supernatural stuff that normally wouldn't get past the boxes. (Possibly even why Sensei blacked out and killed her when he's usually came to his senses on the roof)

Considering that New Maya probably has no idea what the boxes or resets even are, the next time they go to the roof, they may have no protection at all.

As for what's in the boxes, whatever is in control of things doesn't seem to want anyone to know (besides maybe Maya, if she actually knew what was in them). Ayane saw what was in them but at some point it was casually erased from her mind that they even exist:

Last edited:

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
There's actually multiple boxes:
And Maya usually seemed to barricade certain hallways with them:
Sensei does tend to help Maya carry at least one box between every reset, but the rest she might do on her own.

Why Maya did this isn't clear, but in theory:

These boxes may be there to protect, and guide whoever to the roof. The one reset she was unprepared for:
(Pareidolia probably messed with her head like it's probably been doing to everyone since Sensei connected to it) This thing showed up on the roof during that reset:
So, since Maya was caught off guard, she may have not moved all of the boxes to where they needed to be, leaving the roof vulnerable to supernatural stuff that normally wouldn't get past the boxes. (Possibly even why Sensei blacked out and killed her when he's usually came to his senses on the roof)

Considering that New Maya probably has no idea what the boxes or resets even are, the next time they go to the roof, they may have no protection at all.

As for what's in the boxes, the world itself doesn't seem to want anyone to know (besides maybe Maya, if she actually knew what was in them). Ayane saw what was in them but at some point it was casually erased from her mind that they even exist:
This is the best take on the boxes I have seen.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes