• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

serader

Jul 4, 2017
It's exactly...
This message only clearly shows that no matter what 0.7 is in volume and quality (and it is unlikely to seriously surpass even 0.6, not to mention the amount of previous patches), there will certainly be those who will have enough of it. Judging by the content of this comment, 1\10 is enough for them. They will find 1000 reasons to blame anyone, anywhere, except the developers.

I would understand a similar message from the developers (since they are as sincere as you think) - doing 1\10 of the work and getting the same money as before is the perfect Italian strike. But from ordinary users? No, please, I have not yet become so disillusioned with humanity as to believe in the existence of individuals who protect other people's interests to the detriment of their own. The "money=result" model is something that should be axiomatic throughout the gaming industry without exception. If the development team does not know how much money they need to develop the 0.7 update (it's so difficult to calculate how much you spent on 0.6 or 0.5), then let them turn off donations when the development period becomes comparable to the development time of the previous update. Or it will pay fixed amounts of payment for the upgrade.
Collecting donations when the only guideline for donating is a constantly changing sign that has nothing to do with reality (I remind you - the current sign on the site clearly says that the update is ready) is a scam.

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
No, please, I have not yet become so disillusioned with humanity as to believe in the existence of individuals who protect other people's interests to the detriment of their own.
Get more informed about videogaming industry and you will.

Cro

May 10, 2017
can we just agree at this point that the dev is just bad ? I mean it's ren'py, not assembler. If you get me the artwork, with ZERO ren'py experience, I will have this game ready in 1 year max from scratch. And that's without putting in too much effort. Which is probably faster then it will take them for the next version.
He's bad at coding and slow. That's it.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
how is it abandoned, literally post about bug fix last week lol
There is good reason why the forum requires an actual fucking update to come out, to avoid the abandoned tag. No one gives 2 shits about progress trackers, discord & Patreon posts, creative stories about the various life challenges that have prevented a dev from producing content, etc...

If you can't manage to release a single measly update in 18 months, you are in the wrong business.

DickKingLoL

Aug 17, 2020
There is good reason why the forum requires an actual fucking update to come out, to avoid the abandoned tag. No one gives 2 shits about progress trackers, discord & Patreon posts, creative stories about the various life challenges that have prevented a dev from producing content, etc...

If you can't manage to release a single measly update in 18 months, you are in the wrong business.
this game is actually good quality tho, shit takes time and especially if its a hobby and not the main profession, considering all WaL updates are publicly avialable

Cruiser80

Jan 9, 2020
this game is actually good quality tho, shit takes time and especially if its a hobby and not the main profession, considering all WaL updates are publicly avialable
How much time though? 6 months? 12 months? 2 years? Infinity? Even the most polished games of the highest quality don't need forever, there is a cap at which point it just becomes ridiculous.

Michigan1976

Jul 15, 2022
I remember being flamed a while ago when I was realistic about how you shouldn't support this developer. Now everyone turned on them like it wasn't very predicated almost a year ago
At this point it's just a scam to get more money out of subscribers. I am sure they have regular jobs and this is a "side-show" to see how much they can milk out of simpletons.

4.70 star(s) 446 Votes