Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Sign me up for that. It would also solve the issue with Akira having Uta's photo sort of, but I think it's probably too early for him to be talking about Sekai with anyone. I hope he does eventually though.
I hope in next update we'll get Uta confessing to her younger misdeeds to explain to Sensei, hoping he won't hate her...
Maybe Io revealing truth about herself...

Also, how probable is it that Akira is actual dad of Ami?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I hope in next update we'll get Uta confessing to her younger misdeeds to explain to Sensei, hoping he won't hate her...
Maybe Io revealing truth about herself...

Also, how probable is it that Akira is actual dad of Ami?
Very? I mean, we have close to no info on Nozomu, so it makes more sense story-wise for her to be his daughter. They could simply have a test done, but it's unlikely for that to happen. Maybe, if she is, we'll have a confirmation via flashback or something. Obviously there must have been at least a conversation with Sekai when she got pregnant.

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
Sign me up for that. It would also solve the issue with Akira having Uta's photo sort of, but I think it's probably too early for him to be talking about Sekai with anyone. I hope he does eventually though.
Oh yeah, I'm not expecting it terribly soon, I imagine there will be quite a bit of Io story before then, especially considering the Nodoka thing, but I also could see it working out to where the Nodoka thing is what leads to Akira talking to her about Sekai. Maybe not immediately, but there's a solid chance that Akira will freak out upon hearing what happned to Io, and Io's smart enough to understand why that would be.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
It's interesting to see how other people also think about Nodoka to be a Sel self insert.

Before 2nd floor, i thought that Futaba might fill that bill, while all girls might have some Sel DNA to them, not only because it's his story, but because of the mental health issues most of them have.
Since Nodoka is, as far as i know, a patreon stretch goal, like all 2nd floor girls, i think she's a Futaba t3 or something.

What made me think that way has nothing to do with what people might think of her nowadays.
For me it was about reading books.
Futaba likes to read books and they are important to her.
But Nodoka is on a different level. She not only likes to read books, she needs stories/information/input.
If she can't throw herself into another story or bit of information she goes haywire.

And thats what i associate with Sel.
If he can't distract himself with something, he "uhm", behaves certain ways.

Another thing i wanted to say is, that i wouldn't be surprised if Nodoka one day turns out to be Hope.
However that would work out, but they at least have the "Callous" thing in common.

Last edited:

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Oh yeah, I'm not expecting it terribly soon, I imagine there will be quite a bit of Io story before then, especially considering the Nodoka thing, but I also could see it working out to where the Nodoka thing is what leads to Akira talking to her about Sekai. Maybe not immediately, but there's a solid chance that Akira will freak out upon hearing what happned to Io, and Io's smart enough to understand why that would be.
Akira will probably relate Io's past to his own actions rather than his own abuse. Either way I don't think he will react well.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Akira will probably relate Io's past to his own actions rather than his own abuse. Either way I don't think he will react well.
It could be an interesting trigger for him to discover more about Maya's past even. Since she's also implied to have run from an abusive family. I mean, one of the points of new Maya is discovering about her past, so maybe it becomes a common theme shared between multiple characters on next updates.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Riolol

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
The self insert topic feels so pointless. As people have said, none of the characters are literally Selebus and all of them, so long as they have any thought put into them at all, are going to draw on things relatable to Selebus. Because that's how writing works.
Thinking about how much DNA of the author each character has just seems trivial. Is there really any reason any of us should care? I've read what everyone said and it seems like that line of thinking reveals nothing at best and causes factually incorrect assumptions on characters at worst.
Maybe it's just an effort to equate Selebus to characters in the game so we can find excuses to dislike the author? Or it's a cynical way of explaining what people see as poor writing?

Either way, the topic sucks and we should focus more on things like the Io relating to Sensei's past truama thing or whether or not Ami is actually going to try to kill someone.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus
Oct 1, 2023
The self insert topic feels so pointless. As people have said, none of the characters are literally Selebus and all of them, so long as they have any thought put into them at all, are going to draw on things relatable to Selebus. Because that's how writing works.
Thinking about how much DNA of the author each character has just seems trivial. Is there really any reason any of us should care? I've read what everyone said and it seems like that line of thinking reveals nothing at best and causes factually incorrect assumptions on characters at worst.
Maybe it's just an effort to equate Selebus to characters in the game so we can find excuses to dislike the author? Or it's a cynical way of explaining what people see as poor writing?

Either way, the topic sucks and we should focus more on things like the Io relating to Sensei's past truama thing or whether or not Ami is actually going to try to kill someone.
chill out sel

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
It could be an interesting trigger for him to discover more about Maya's past even. Since she's also implied to have run from an abusive family. I mean, one of the points of new Maya is discovering about her past, so maybe it becomes a common theme shared between multiple characters on next updates.
Oh, when was this mentioned?

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021

I think you're forgetting here that we do have 4.th wall breaking, and Sel as a narrator.
So a self insert is already a given.
To what extent though, is up to speculation.
Oh and by the way, i count myself as someone who doesn't dislike Sel as a whole.
I mean, his flaws are very obvious, we all know.

I have my own line he'd yet have to cross to judge him.
Maybe i'm just putting some faith in him and maybe one day i'm proven wrong, but that's okay, benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Breadtaker
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes