• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity How can I modify a .bundle file to translate a game?

Firethrower651

Formerly 'Aldebra'
Mar 25, 2024
I want to translate the game Peeping Dorm Manager into my native language, but I can't add the files I've already translated or modify the game file. It's a .bundle text script with all the texts from the game compiled together

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Look into "BepinEx". It's a Unity override plugin that allows automated and manual translation. It works by inserting a DLL hook to the string rendering functions to allow "just in time" replacement of any text output in most games.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Firethrower651

Firethrower651

Formerly 'Aldebra'
Mar 25, 2024
Look into "BeppinEx". It's a Unity override plugin that allows automated and manual translation. It works by inserting a DLL hook to the string rendering functions to allow "just in time" replacement of any text output in most games.
Thanks for the information, but when I try it here, I'm afraid I don't know how to do it in practice. And it seems that the BeepinEx plugin folder doesn't appear

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Thanks for the information, but when I try it here, I'm afraid I don't know how to do it in practice. And it seems that the BeepinEx plugin folder doesn't appear
I'm afraid I can't help much further - the one game for which I did the translation work was provided to me with the BepinEx stuff already setup and working with automatic MTL, and then I went in and manually reviewed/fixed the broken MTL in the output text files.

I'd suggest you head over to the Translations sub-forum and ask for help: https://f95zone.to/forums/translation.27/

Or DM one of the active translators to see how they set up a new project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Firethrower651

Firethrower651

Formerly 'Aldebra'
Mar 25, 2024
I'm afraid I can't help much further - the one game for which I did the translation work was provided to me with the BepinEx stuff already setup and working with automatic MTL, and then I went in and manually reviewed/fixed the broken MTL in the output text files.

I'd suggest you head over to the Translations sub-forum and ask for help: https://f95zone.to/forums/translation.27/

Or DM one of the active translators to see how they set up a new project.
Ok, thanks so much