• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Posing Male issue

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
So i am trying to pose a male character with an older teen morph applied. Posing him from a pose pack causes distortion in the lower chest stomach area. Not sure why this is. i am looking at the current applied tab and there are no other morphs for bodies but the shape morph.
i also just tried it without the shape morph and it still distorts it. there no other morphs in the list that i think could be causing it. females pose just fine. it seems that if i pose from just sliders for the various body parts that it works ok. any help would be appreciated it. if pics are needed i will post them later as i closed daz and need to go to bed for work. thanks

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Usually this is caused by Joint Correction Morphs (known as JCM) for certain custom characters, it depends on what you've installed.

Select your G8M and in the Parameters tab, select "Currently Used" then search for the morphs that may be responsible. Using keywords like Abdomen or Bend in the search bar should bring up a few.

In my case, when I apply a pose for a G8M, I get morphs of ManHippo, Mervin and Orangutan, so I do my research with the beginning of their name and I find the wrong morphs. All that's left is to set them to 0. (see some examples below)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I hope it helps you solve the problem.

PS : If you can't see certain sliders, don't forget to check the "Show Hidden Properties" preference (right click on Parameters tab label -> Preferences -> Show Hidden Properties).

Last edited:
Reactions: lordshimra

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
thanks for the reply. that stomach distortion is exactly what is happening to mine. will check that out later today.
again thanks

Reactions: Saint_RNG

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
It will depend on the pose.
The best thing to do if you don't use these characters is to delete them from your library (especially their files in the data folder).
There may be other solutions, but I've never really looked into it...

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
so is this something that will happen everytime i pose the genesis 8 male?
To clarify, it is not supposed to happen, but the quirkinees of Daz's morph system and the potential lack of care some asset devs take (especially stuff that does not come from daz official store), means that there are often some weird JCMs or morphs that pollute or leak onto the base characters rather than just the intended targets.

Deleting unused characters reduces this potential, but as many of us asset-hoarders know, it's often a long time between installing new characters and noticing any bad side effects, so you never really know which one is the cause of the problems.

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
To clarify, it is not supposed to happen, but the quirkinees of Daz's morph system and the potential lack of care some asset devs take (especially stuff that does not come from daz official store), means that there are often some weird JCMs or morphs that pollute or leak onto the base characters rather than just the intended targets.

Deleting unused characters reduces this potential, but as many of us asset-hoarders know, it's often a long time between installing new characters and noticing any bad side effects, so you never really know which one is the cause of the problems.
lol so true on the asset hording. but now knowing about the hidden morphs effecting the model i can take care of that much faster now. again thanks for the info all

Reactions: osanaiko