1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
No offense, I recall the game was pretty fun, the cast was pretty likeable, and was quite a long time since I've played this... but 6 years for a season of a visual novel...

Or the game really had an huge amount of content increase since last time that I've played, or unfortunely the development isn't as quick as before.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
You're so on point with that statement, lets just be glad it's not the majority.

On the one hand you have the entitled pricks and narcissist who believe the world revolves around them and believe the world has but one mission which is to work tirelessly day and night on VN's just to make their useless lives less pathetic (and all that for FREE I might add).

Then you have the (Morons IQ 51 to 70) & (Idiots IQ below 25) believing they're God's gift to humanity just popping by and feeling the need to share their infinite wisdom with pointless comments like (im so glad i left this shitshow 4 years ago), as if anyone with an above average IQ is going to care what you think. I would dtill like to thank you for identifying yourself, you made my ignore list happy (I call it my F95 parasite list). Cheers :cool:
Those people tend to be generally not active in the threads, and only come to complain when the update drops with the whole "It's milking" "I'm glad I left" "Where's the update dev" blahblah schtick.
Funny thing is, more often than not they tend to be the first ones to be in line to grab the update.

Then they go silent again, ready to come back and drop another complaint with next update while grabbing it; rinse and repeat the endless cycle of hypocrisy. :HideThePain::KEK::LUL:

No offense, I recall the game was pretty fun, the cast was pretty likeable, and was quite a long time since I've played this... but 6 years for a season of a visual novel...

Or the game really had an huge amount of content increase since last time that I've played, or unfortunely the development isn't as quick as before.
Dev is a solo dev who previously had a primary job (restaurant iirc) and was only doing this as a hobby. The game went through a major gameplay overhaul (for v0.7) which took quite a while to implement.
Also, recently him and his girlfriend got engaged, so the whole wedding preparations as well as moving in to their own home was a thing.
So a lot of irl stuff happened.

Though good thing is, with Season 1 out on Steam now (well been out a while), he's stated he's going at this dev work for this game as full-time job and has begun working on Season 2.
So expect possible statements and plans from HopesGaming soon-ish.

As for how much of content increase it has been, that would totally be dependent on where you were the last time you played it.
If it was before the rework (v0.07), I'd say you have quite a large chunk of content to play through.
But even if it was post-v0.07, I'd still say there would still be quite a decent amount to play, especially if you are playing Full-Experience mode.

Feb 15, 2019
I'm the one who asked a moderator to add in the last 2 "added" lines of VN mode and Codex section.
If there was additional plot content, then they would have definitely been stated in the additions for the changelog as the previous updates' changelogs did.
Thanks for clarifying!

Reactions: JJJ84

rmstw

Nov 3, 2020
I got excited seeing this on the update page seeing as its one of my favorite IPs on here. Likeable characters, decent story and more "game" mechanics than most on here helps. Kind of bummed that it was a non-update but meh. What can you do

Reactions: DOM76210

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I got excited seeing this on the update page seeing as its one of my favorite IPs on here. Likeable characters, decent story and more "game" mechanics than most on here helps. Kind of bummed that it was a non-update but meh. What can you do
yeah the steam update just never got leaked for a few months

Reactions: c3p0 and DOM76210

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Oh man... there is such a huge nugget of content in the VN mode that is golden! Why was this only available in the "full gameplay Mode"?? If it was even there before the Steam release...

The MC actually meets Siobhan at the warehouse event. And it really sheds light to Siobhan in the Ombra estate scene.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It goes on with an amusing conversation after that, but that's the gist of it. The MC appears to be the reason for Siobhans sudden change of heart...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ann87ra

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
Now that it's a VN, how does the story work? Do I still have to choose 1 girl and skip the scenes for the others, or will there be a point letting me choose my path, or how does it work?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Now that it's a VN, how does the story work? Do I still have to choose 1 girl and skip the scenes for the others, or will there be a point letting me choose my path, or how does it work?
It's still the same game and same stuff, and same content, only new lore was added. There is a thing that tells how each mode works to.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Oh man... there is such a huge nugget of content in the VN mode that is golden! Why was this only available in the "full gameplay Mode"?? If it was even there before the Steam release...

The MC actually meets Siobhan at the warehouse event. And it really sheds light to Siobhan in the Ombra estate scene.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It goes on with an amusing conversation after that, but that's the gist of it. The MC appears to be the reason for Siobhans sudden change of heart...
man this almost makes me want to finally play VN mode Ive yet to touch it since I bought it on steam. Trying to wait for the first episode of season 2 cause I honestly dont want to see that cliffhanger until then lol.

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
found some game breaking bugs in the VN mode...
1) when visiting Luna if you pick the option of *hug* then it will transfer you out of VN mode into your room at which point you can go back to *visit luna* and if you pick *hug* again it will permanently lock you out of the VN mode.(this is also a mod issue since its highlighted in green...)
2) when asking Isabel for something to eat it will also break the VN mode.

might wanna remove those options from the VN mode to prevent such cases and only leave the options that progress the story...
maybe remove the notifications about gaining money/exp as well since they mean nothing in VN mode...

as for the VN mode in general... it locks you out from watching the recording as well as watching the dream scenes(getting notifications about unlocking new dreams when we cant see them is frustrating...) which is a shame... especially the recordings since they give some extra info to the unfolding events...

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
man this almost makes me want to finally play VN mode Ive yet to touch it since I bought it on steam. Trying to wait for the first episode of season 2 cause I honestly dont want to see that cliffhanger until then lol.
For me, VN mode was the best thing this game could've done. Obviously i love this game by my avatar :ROFLMAO: But it allows me to skip through the scenes that are meh, by tab or ctrl, and continue to the ones i enjoy. Helps for repeatability. I could've just had an elaborate amount of scene saves... but it was always disheartening to be faced with the next sandbox choice. Now it's fluid. Winning.

Reactions: astabro

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
For me, VN mode was the best thing this game could've done. Obviously i love this game by my avatar :ROFLMAO: But it allows me to skip through the scenes that are meh, by tab or ctrl, and continue to the ones i enjoy. Helps for repeatability. I could've just had an elaborate amount of scene saves... but it was always disheartening to be faced with the next sandbox choice. Now it's fluid. Winning.
the great to hear I was gonna play it on Day 1 of the steam release cause of VN mode was wanting that mode since I played it for the first time. Then I remembered how I couldn't stop thinking about that cliffhanger for a 1 - 2 weeks so figure best to wait haha. So now it's just chilling in my steam library being unplayed till S2 unless I change my mind.

4.40 star(s) 491 Votes