Collection Flash Video Studio FOW Collection [2023-07-08] [Studio F.O.W]

Jan 31, 2021
who knows really what they plan , they have funding pages : ;
Ah I wasn't aware of that. It looks like they're demanding the money up front now instead of trusting people to support their works because they want to support them. This really isn't a good sign of things to come. In the past they put out good movies and people supported them because of that. Now we're getting asked to fund the movies up front. Maybe they've lost faith in their abilitity to attract people to the old method of giving each month, or maybe it's just greed.

Either way I hope it fails and they revert to the old way of just letting people give what they want.

Keep in mind guys that these are not the same people who started making movies 10 years ago. They've experienced great success and that rarely doesn't change people. I they see their business and growing it has probably changed, and when companies get successful they usually find more ways to milk their customers.

Reactions: Hinatasbody

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
Ah I wasn't aware of that. It looks like they're demanding the money up front now instead of trusting people to support their works because they want to support them. This really isn't a good sign of things to come. In the past they put out good movies and people supported them because of that. Now we're getting asked to fund the movies up front. Maybe they've lost faith in their abilitity to attract people to the old method of giving each month, or maybe it's just greed.

Either way I hope it fails and they revert to the old way of just letting people give what they want.

Keep in mind guys that these are not the same people who started making movies 10 years ago. They've experienced great success and that rarely doesn't change people. I they see their business and growing it has probably changed, and when companies get successful they usually find more ways to milk their customers.
I mean…it is literally the same people running it that started it in the first place, DC and Yagskie. Far as the money thing goes, I don’t think they want to chance building up on another support site that’s liable to kick them off again. Subscribestar is finicky (and I hear has even worse creator support than Patreon), and not everyone can use it.

Before they were booted off Patreon, they were up around 35k a month. 10 years later, cost of living going up all the while, is funding 80k such a wild notion? Compared to what they asked for and got with Subverse, it doesn’t seem that much to ask.

The main reason I think it hasn’t gone up much is because not everyone is aware. They couldn’t link it in the YouTube anniversary video, and twitter as we know buries links to outside sites in its algorithms.

Jan 31, 2021
I mean…it is literally the same people running it that started it in the first place, DC and Yagskie. Far as the money thing goes, I don’t think they want to chance building up on another support site that’s liable to kick them off again. Subscribestar is finicky (and I hear has even worse creator support than Patreon), and not everyone can use it.

Before they were booted off Patreon, they were up around 35k a month. 10 years later, cost of living going up all the while, is funding 80k such a wild notion? Compared to what they asked for and got with Subverse, it doesn’t seem that much to ask.

The main reason I think it hasn’t gone up much is because not everyone is aware. They couldn’t link it in the YouTube anniversary video, and twitter as we know buries links to outside sites in its algorithms.
My point is that success changes people so in a sense they are not the same people who started 10 years go. This is made clear with their new way of charging for movies up front. Them 10 years ago didn't do that. They just made great movies and let people give what they want, but now success has changed them so they want the money up front. Does it costs 80k to make a short movie? No but they have changed so they are thinking of the money first.

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
My point is that success changes people so in a sense they are not the same people who started 10 years go. This is made clear with their new way of charging for movies up front. Them 10 years ago didn't do that. They just made great movies and let people give what they want, but now success has changed them so they want the money up front. Does it costs 80k to make a short movie? No but they have changed so they are thinking of the money first.
That’s kinda natural for how artists tend to build their bases. Once they’ve got enough to go full-time and quit their daily job, they have to keep up an output. Lara in Trouble and Kunoichi were likely done in their free time. But as their monthly intake grew so could their output. They released several 15-20+ films a year for years because they could afford to support multiple artists within the group. Singular artists now, with better tools, can hardly put one long project out over multiple years.

Jan 31, 2021
That’s kinda natural for how artists tend to build their bases. Once they’ve got enough to go full-time and quit their daily job, they have to keep up an output. Lara in Trouble and Kunoichi were likely done in their free time. But as their monthly intake grew so could their output. They released several 15-20+ films a year for years because they could afford to support multiple artists within the group. Singular artists now, with better tools, can hardly put one long project out over multiple years.
I can't tell if we're agreeing or not, but they were making 30k a month on patreon without holding their movies hostage. They had plenty of money to keep their animators paid and those fans of the movies are still around and eager to give them their money. They don't need to keep each individual movie behind a crowd funding paywall to make bank.If they make the movies supporters will come.

I'm not against them making money and support them, but I hate how they are doing it. It's just not necessary.

fustei666

Jun 29, 2019
I can't tell if we're agreeing or not, but they were making 30k a month on patreon without holding their movies hostage. They had plenty of money to keep their animators paid and those fans of the movies are still around and eager to give them their money. They don't need to keep each individual movie behind a crowd funding paywall to make bank.If they make the movies supporters will come.

I'm not against them making money and support them, but I hate how they are doing it. It's just not necessary.
,, If they make the movies supporters will come,, = YESSSSSSSSS !!! Give the fans a good movie and the rest will folow

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023

I understand what you’re saying, but try to see from where they’re coming from. They know they’re known for making dark and gritty content that makes the card companies clutch their pearls so hard, they were removed from Patreon for it. It’s partly why Subverse is so lighthearted and and contains just consensually bonking. They didn’t want to gamble it being removed from Steam.

I don’t see a website right now that would give them the time to rebuild the monthly intake to what it was. Streemster is still up, and from what I gathered, that was set to be their own platform for smut creators to not have to worry about getting rug pulled like they did. I don’t know what’s holding it up, but it is still there.

At this point it appears safer for them to ask for the money up front. They do have a spot in a streaming event coming up tomorrow, maybe they’ll elaborate on their future plans then. We can only wait and see.

Reactions: Kietsutwinblades

Mioune

Jan 31, 2021
I'm asking just in case: does anyone know the source of this gif?

: 01.gif

It looks a lot like a scene from kunoichi 2, but the loop and background are different.

EDought

Jan 29, 2019
I'm asking just in case: does anyone know the source of this gif?

: View attachment 3659047

It looks a lot like a scene from kunoichi 2, but the loop and background are different.
I wasn't able to find anything in the various files I have saved, like from the actual trailer they made for Kunoichi 2, but I am almost entirely certain it's just a standalone teaser/loop they made to advertise for Kunoichi 2. It's not from any larger clip, for instance, and definitely not something we don't have uploaded in the OP. Probably just posted on their tumblr during production.

Probably animated for this quick cut here at 26:00 in the actual movie, and then the background and filter changed to make a more eye catching teaser. They also used it, unanimated, for their tumblr background when it was coming out.

Mioune

Jan 31, 2021
Yes, you're probably right. I can't find anything more about this gif. :/

I don't even know how you found that pic, all their posts from patreon or tumblr seem to be lost.

Hinatasbody

Oct 3, 2022
They released several 15-20+ films a year for yearbecause they could afford to support multiple artists within the group. Singular artists now, with better tools, can hardly put one long project out over multiple years.
15-20+ films a year? When did this ever happen? I recall the Jill video taking multiple years.
I don’t see a website right now that would give them the time to rebuild the monthly intake to what it was.
Aren’t they literally using Throne right now? I’m with twinblades - the 80k demand for one SHORT film is pure greed. It’s one thing to play the devil’s advocate, but it’s really unusual how you are so quick to defend them. I also hope they fail miserably. Then finally learn their lesson and work for the fans.

Reactions: observer80

Nugnug96

Nov 24, 2020
15-20+ films a year? When did this ever happen? I recall the Jill video taking multiple years.

Aren’t they literally using Throne right now? I’m with twinblades - the 80k demand for one SHORT film is pure greed. It’s one thing to play the devil’s advocate, but it’s really unusual how you are so quick to defend them. I also hope they fail miserably. Then finally learn their lesson and work for the fans.
From what I remember at their peak they did like 3 20+ movies a year but also monthly raffles that were like 1-2 minutes

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023

minutes was supposed to be in there after the 15-20. They produced multiple long length films in a single year than most animators do on their own. Also dunno where your timeframe is at cuz Jill certainly did not take that long :LOL:

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023

You know it’s more likely they just won’t make anything else without funding, right? That’s a real defeatist attitude to hope they fail. Before they were booted off Patreon they were up to 35k monthly. Films were roughly around 3-4 months in between releases. So then asking for 80k isn’t that nuts considering.

But expecting them to work for free after years of animating? You wouldn’t be all that out of place working for EA, frankly.

EDought

Jan 29, 2019
Yes, you're probably right. I can't find anything more about this gif. :/

I don't even know how you found that pic, all their posts from patreon or tumblr seem to be lost.
Archive.org has a pretty good record of what seems like all their tumblr posts, and how their page looked throughout the years, and even older versions of their website, though I haven't checked for every single page. But they're there if you'd like peruse them, most images should be there though obviously the download links of whatever probably aren't (though everything of worth has been rehosted here).

I also had the tumblr background saved already because I'm a freak.

Reactions: Hinatasbody

Shakezoola

Apr 4, 2024
Is Studio FOW still as big as they used to be? I remember around 2016 or so they were releasing movies and pretty well known. I know that Subverse is a steam game thing but otherwise I havent heard of any movies coming out from them anytime recently. I know they used to be well known but everyone is using Blender now and it seems like they're still stuck on SFM.

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
Is Studio FOW still as big as they used to be? I remember around 2016 or so they were releasing movies and pretty well known. I know that Subverse is a steam game thing but otherwise I havent heard of any movies coming out from them anytime recently. I know they used to be well known but everyone is using Blender now and it seems like they're still stuck on SFM.
Their last SFM film was in 2018, they were removed from Patreon the end of that year. Subverse was kickstarted in 2019, and they’ve been on that the last 5 years. They’ve been using Unreal Engine for that, and it’s what they’ll be using for films after the game is done.

Shakezoola

Apr 4, 2024
Their last SFM film was in 2018, they were removed from Patreon the end of that year. Subverse was kickstarted in 2019, and they’ve been on that the last 5 years. They’ve been using Unreal Engine for that, and it’s what they’ll be using for films after the game is done.
So I assume subverse has been in 'early alpha' or something for 5 years? Or is it just constant updates?

Unless its paid DLC's I can't imagine working on a game for 5 years being profitable after the initial sales period.