• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

I got a warning from moderation

ousecusaudes51108

Apr 26, 2024
I disagree, 95% of people only look at the review score anyways. And a review just saying "this is shit" is very respectful of the readers time and understands that TL;DR accounts for the 95% of the 5% of people who reads reviews, remaining brief and conveying their opinion of the game in an effective manor.
Honestly, there’s no right or wrong here. A shorter review IS as valuable as a longer one, but the 200-character rule probably achieves the staff's vision for the ratings page. It's equally valid alternatives.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Honestly, there’s no right or wrong here. A shorter review IS as valuable as a longer one, but the 200-character rule probably achieves the staff's vision for the ratings page. It's equally valid alternatives.
His review was fine except he added words to make up at least 200 characters, which was hilarious not gonna lie, that's why his review got shit canned.

I'm not sure if I agree "This game is shit" can be considered a legit review. Most people want to know why a game is shit, and we all know if the 200 character limit wasn't a thing and any type of review was allowed I guarantee there would be thousands of those types of reviews and it would help almost nobody make an informed decision.

Reactions: ousecusaudes51108

ousecusaudes51108

Apr 26, 2024
His review was fine except he added words to make up at least 200 characters, which was hilarious not gonna lie, that's why his review got shit canned.

I'm not sure if I agree "This game is shit" can be considered a legit review. Most people want to know why a game is shit, and we all know if the 200 character limit wasn't a thing and any type of review was allowed I guarantee there would be thousands of those types of reviews and it would help almost nobody make an informed decision.
Ya if the 200 char limit wasn't a thing, some games would mostly have reviews containing only a few words; so if you're someone who's actually seeking to read a reasonably in depth review, you will indeed have trouble finding one. Also, if the 200 char requirement wasn't there, i think it would open a huge door for botted ratings. I do firmly believe that even a review which only says "this game is shit" has value, but because of the downsides, ill have to agree that it's a bad idea to not have the 200 char limit.

Reactions: LordMerek