• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

I got a warning from moderation

abdula mohamid

Aug 31, 2022
This is the warning -

You have received a warning from the Staff

abdula mohamid, Today at 6:52 AM, you were given the following warning: Inappropriate Review

This warning has been given to you for violating the rules of F95zone.

The consequences of this warning are:

• This warning does not carry infraction points.

I received a warning for a review, however it does not mention the review in question so I actually have 0 idea what I did wrong, therefor, I have learned nothing and will continue doing what I am doing. Thank you moderation team.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
This is the warning -

You have received a warning from the Staff

abdula mohamid, Today at 6:52 AM, you were given the following warning: Inappropriate Review

This warning has been given to you for violating the rules of F95zone.

The consequences of this warning are:

• This warning does not carry infraction points.

I received a warning for a review, however it does not mention the review in question so I actually have 0 idea what I did wrong, therefor, I have learned nothing and will continue doing what I am doing. Thank you moderation team.
Yeah I got one too in the past and I think one of the mods DMed me but I can't remember if they offered anything specific.

You can honestly pretty much say whatever you want in a review as long it relates to the game, but when it violates the rules (or the mod's interpretation of the rules) they smack you hard.

I think in my review that was taken down I made a sarcastic remark about the developer being dead, even though It wasn't meant to be taken seriously since game threads are more often than not flooded with assumptions such as that when a game gets spontaneously abandoned by a developer and ghosts everyone. Hard not to jump to any ridiculous assumptions, especially in today's world where facts are everything.

Last edited:

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
Always write a ticket first if you have a question about a moderator action, for example why your review has been deleted.
Unlike some random post/thread, those will actually be read by the staff.

1714811832899.png

There is a good chance the mod in question did an honest mistake why he wasn't informing you about the details.

Crazygamer43

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 25, 2018
Review Rules: 4
There is a 200 character requirement, do not attempt to bypass this by using spam or irrelevant comments. Do not mention or comment on the 200 character limit, this is not the place to complain about forum rules

Review/Rating Rules

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: morphnet and Jaike

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Review Rules: 4
There is a 200 character requirement, do not attempt to bypass this by using spam or irrelevant comments. Do not mention or comment on the 200 character limit, this is not the place to complain about forum rules

Review/Rating Rules
So.....he didn't write 200 characters? He spammed a word over and over? He commented on the limit? What exactly did he do?

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
So.....he didn't write 200 characters? He spammed a word over and over? He commented on the limit? What exactly did he do?
Baseless theory:

I've seen several reviews in the past where people post random stuff to meet the character minimum. Similar to how a student may make a font bigger for a research paper. I'm curious if a mod came across his review and saw something similar and deleted it.

Tom Aspinall

May 26, 2022
must have been an astronomically shit game because I don't even remember writing this review or even what game it is, and I clearly wasn't going to put time and effort into writing an MLA essay reviewing a pile of trash
200 characters is not an essay man.

You could not write the review in the first place if it's that much of a bother, write a 3 word comment instead.

Reviews should be more in depth instead of "This is shit".

abdula mohamid

Aug 31, 2022
200 characters is not an essay man.

You could not write the review in the first place if it's that much of a bother, write a 3 word comment instead.

Reviews should be more in depth instead of "This is shit".
I disagree, 95% of people only look at the review score anyways. And a review just saying "this is shit" is very respectful of the readers time and understands that TL;DR accounts for the 95% of the 5% of people who reads reviews, remaining brief and conveying their opinion of the game in an effective manor.

• Wow
Reactions: osanaiko

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I disagree, 95% of people only look at the review score anyways. And a review just saying "this is shit" is very respectful of the readers time and understands that TL;DR accounts for the 95% of the 5% of people who reads reviews, remaining brief and conveying their opinion of the game in an effective manor.
You are *technically* correct in that, but only because a good chunk of reviews aren't worth reading anyway, but I always read the ones that actually tell me what I need to know. If you used actual sentences to get to the 200 character limits instead of sarcastically posting random words at the end it probably wouldn't have been removed, no essay required.

VegitoHlove

Apr 27, 2018
Yeah I got one too in the past and I think one of the mods DMed me but I can't remember if they offered anything specific.

You can honestly pretty much say whatever you want in a review as long it relates to the game, but when it violates the rules (or the mod's interpretation of the rules) they smack you hard.
From the way I see it, this is part of a potential problem. Rules should be enforced by pre-defined interpretation by admin/owner, because interpretations by a second or third party can be basically anything, even more so when a rule is vague.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
This part of your first post is more than 200 characters
must have been an astronomically shit game because I don't even remember writing this review or even what game it is, and I clearly wasn't going to put time and effort into writing an MLA essay reviewing a pile of trash
Your above post is more than 200 characters.

Congratulations, this post was over 300 characters!

Obviously when you actually have something to say, 200 characters for you is not difficult.
You beat me to it, but you only selected one. All of OP's posts in this thread are more than 200 characters.
From the way I see it, this is part of a potential problem. Rules should be enforced by pre-defined interpretation by admin/owner, because interpretations by a second or third party can be basically anything, even more so when a rule is vague.
The vast majority of the time, it's pretty obvious when a rule is not followed by someone. It doesn't require a decision tree to make a valid determination. (such as OP's breach)

And when there is doubt/confusion, that's why there is a ticket system for people to ask why or appeal a decision.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Bro will literally write 300 characters about why 200 characters are not needed.

Room34

Formerly 'Emirkaan'
Dec 5, 2020
I don't think writing 200 characters is a hard thing to do, the hard thing is trying to write meaningful review for a game that overrated as hell.

I feel like Shutter Island MC's last 10 minutes while reading ratings in here.