• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
2.70 star(s) 10 Votes

nocturnalillusions

Game Developer
Feb 3, 2024
$ for earlier access or additional content is common.
And it's a fairly new game, so the fact that this is a piracy forum hasn't really caught up to it yet.

If the dev sticks to the model of content that is pay only, (and the game draws enough interest) there's a pretty good chance that content will get leaked here.
If the dev tries to delete those leaks, F95 will take away any control they have over this thread.

On the other hand, F95 is usually pretty good about honoring a 'trailing content' model. Where everything released to patrons is also released for free a version or so later.

Either way, the result is the same.
Just wait for awhile and all content will find it's way here (assuming enough people are interested).
It's as you said, the game is new and I'm reinvesting the money from the get go that I'm getting on animations and additional help. Right now I even make polls for patrons to vote on what scenes I will pay to get animated. I was also finally able to buy some software that will allow me to make better videos compared to the limited tools I had until the moment.

Reactions: Jeffry7977

SF155

Apr 1, 2021
I'm here to report a bug I encounter. When I lost soldiers to xenomorph, they are not retired from the number of crew member. So, at the of the week, the cost in food became huge after some time. At the day 30, my cost in food is at +300

nocturnalillusions

Game Developer
Feb 3, 2024
I'm here to report a bug I encounter. When I lost soldiers to xenomorph, they are not retired from the number of crew member. So, at the of the week, the cost in food became huge after some time. At the day 30, my cost in food is at +300
Download the latest version, I've updated the links here, it should be fixed(saves are compatible)

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
It's as you said, the game is new and I'm reinvesting the money from the get go that I'm getting on animations and additional help. Right now I even make polls for patrons to vote on what scenes I will pay to get animated. I was also finally able to buy some software that will allow me to make better videos compared to the limited tools I had until the moment.
That post was mostly directed at the guy I quoted.
Because I always find it mildly amusing when people on a piracy forum complain about $ :p

I fully understand a devs need to get paid. Even if it's just to offset the costs of a pet project.

But a bit of advice (or, simply, an unsolicited opinion )...
F95 isn't a bad way to get some exposure.
Just keep in mind that this place was founded on piracy. Manage your expectations as to how the people that hang out here will respond to different income models.
If you use a 'patron exclusive' model, it'll almost certainly get shit-talked by the pirates around here. So... have thick skin when you're checking this forum. ;)

If you don't have thick skin, but still feel this place is useful for getting eyeballs on your project...
I'd suggest using a trailing month model. Where your patrons get it first, then you release it free here a month or 2 later.

• Red Heart
Reactions: nocturnalillusions

Pebbles

Dec 6, 2020
If you don't have thick skin, but still feel this place is useful for getting eyeballs on your project...
It could be reasonable, if he was attacking only those that aren't happy with his "business model". But there was cases when he was lashing out on those who criticised his work or simply asking questions. Like when someone pointed out, what tutorial is poorly made, he just doubled down and insisted what nothing wrong with it.

nocturnalillusions

Game Developer
Feb 3, 2024
It could be reasonable, if he was attacking only those that aren't happy with his "business model". But there was cases when he was lashing out on those who criticised his work or simply asking questions. Like when someone pointed out, what tutorial is poorly made, he just doubled down and insisted what nothing wrong with it.
Your entirety of posts on f95 are almost all on this thread bashing me/my game. Don't you have anything else to do? I get it, you don't like me or my game and that's fine. But why go to such lenghts? Stop being a Karen jesus

Also, if you would read most of my comments, everything that was directed on how bad version 0.1 ran and issues, I've fixed most of them and always responded that I'm trying to improve. I was always humble on this regard. I'm still new at this and I'm trying to improve. I've used a lot of the feedback I got here and Implemented it too. Changed the fight engine since it was "poorly" received, used the milking idea someone gave, highlights on the names on the base map, etc. All suggestions from here.

The game is in no ways perfect, I'm trying to get it better.

Last edited:

Pebbles

Dec 6, 2020
Your entirety of posts on f95 are almost all on this thread bashing me/my game. Don't you have anything else to do? I get it, you don't like me or my game and that's fine. But why go to such lenghts? Stop being a Karen jesus
I see, you still have a habit of making stuff up, because if you actually checked my profile, you would see that i have commented on other threads. And how about you stop using derogatory language at anyone, who doesn't sign you praises? Seriously, how this is okay for you to insult people? Yes, we have our differences, but i always tried to stay civil, can't say the same about you.

Reactions: mutantchicken

nocturnalillusions

Game Developer
Feb 3, 2024
Also, new a
I see, you still have a habit of making stuff up, because if you actually checked my profile, you would see that i have commented on other threads. And how about you stop using derogatory language at anyone, who doesn't sign you praises? Seriously, how this is okay for you to insult people? Yes, we have our differences, but i always tried to stay civil, can't say the same about you.
Me making stuff up? You were the one that said "I was asking for donos" in my developer notes. Now you are saying I was "attacking people over the tutorial". If attacking is saying people didn't read the tutorial, ok (y)

Yes sorry, you have one post on another thread and all the other 13 are on mine. I'm making things up ;)

Pebbles

Dec 6, 2020
Also, new a

Me making stuff up? You were the one that said "I was asking for donos" in my developer notes. Now you are saying I was "attacking people over the tutorial". If attacking is saying people didn't read the tutorial, ok (y)

Yes sorry, you have one post on another thread and all the other 13 are on mine. I'm making things up ;)
I said this, because you literally said what you weren't asking for donations here. How i'm wrong for this?

And that dude, imo is right, because i too didn't immediately noticed that yellow button on top right corner, nor i was interested in reading a long tutorial to learn how to play a renpy game. He rightly pointed out where tutorial could be improved, but you were too busy to prove youself right, to see that.

And if you actually read what i posted before, you would notice what i was trying to be helpfull at the beginning, before you called me an entitled child. Then it all went downhill, and seems mods decided to remove that whole drama, i won't be continuing this again.

And how the fact what you listened to some suggestions, absolves you of all insults and derogatory language?

But honestly, i'm tired of this toxicity, so i'd like to offer you to "bury the hatchet", by apologising for my previously removed comments. Those were too harsh, i should have done better and i'm sorry for this.

I honestly have nothing against you personally or your game, i was simply upset to learn what i won't able to see that new lewd stuff, after i spent couple hours in this game and your reaction to my comment just made it worse.
And if i truly hated you, i would subscribed to your patreon, only to leak patreon version here. It would definitively made you more upset, but i didn't do that.

Reactions: mutantchicken

nocturnalillusions

Game Developer
Feb 3, 2024
I said this, because you literally said what you weren't asking for donations here. How i'm wrong for this?

And that dude, imo is right, because i too didn't immediately noticed that yellow button on top right corner, nor i was interested in reading a long tutorial to learn how to play a renpy game. He rightly pointed out where tutorial could be improved, but you were too busy to prove youself right, to see that.

And if you actually read what i posted before, you would notice what i was trying to be helpfull at the beginning, before you called me an entitled child. Then it all went downhill, and seems mods decided to remove that whole drama, i won't be continuing this again.

And how the fact what you listened to some suggestions, absolves you of all insults and derogatory language?

But honestly, i'm tired of this toxicity, so i'd like to offer you to "bury the hatchet", by apologising for my previously removed comments. Those were too harsh, i should have done better and i'm sorry for this.

I honestly have nothing against you personally or your game, i was simply upset to learn what i won't able to see that new lewd stuff, after i spent couple hours in this game and your reaction to my comment just made it worse.
And if i truly hated you, i would subscribed to your patreon, only to leak patreon version here. It would definitively made you more upset, but i didn't do that.
I never asked for donations. You will not find a post of me ever asking for that, here, patreon or itch. I'm 100% sure of that. I challenge you to find any.

As for burying the hatchet, I agree wholeheartedly.
Life is short and this negative energy gets us nowhere. I apologize sincerely to you for losing my cool and insulting you. It's never justified, despite how angry we are. Doing things without breathing and taking a step back never have good results.

Just one thing. "i was simply upset to learn what i won't able to see that new lewd stuff, after i spent couple hours in this game and your reaction to my comment just made it worse."

You spent a couple of hours and my reaction upsetted you. Then put yourself in my shoes. I spent more than a month working on the latest version and the first string of comments were all about patreon and keys in a kind of inflammatory way. How do you think I felt? Really really terrible I can tell you.

As for the game content, don't worry, I will keep adding more lewd scenes to the game and improving old ones. Sierra and Pamela scenes for example I'm going to pay to get animated too. I can only do this right now thanks to my patron supporters.
And I plan to release that exclusive content also (eventually as the game gets bigger).

There will also be more characters added to the cryochamber and I still have to do the mercenaries room where you can hire more new units, all with more lewd stuff. Right now you might feel it's short on lewds, just give me some time. The game is only on it's second release.

Last edited:

Pebbles

Dec 6, 2020
I never asked for donations. You will not find a post of me ever asking for that, here, patreon or itch. I'm 100% sure of that. I challenge you to find any.
I already pointed out what asking to join your patreon in developer notes, is equivalent of asking for donations. If this doesn't convince you, then i propose to agree to disagree, and stop discussing it.

You spent a couple of hours and my reaction upsetted you. Then put yourself in my shoes. I spent more than a month working on it and the first string of comments were all about patreon and keys in a kind of inflammatory way. How do you think I felt? Really really terrible I can tell you.
Many people already tried to explain you, what this site is about getting stuff for free. I can see why you felt what they were inflammatory, but i assure you, at least my comment about unusable patreon room wasn't made to provoke you and i don't see other commentators trying to do that. This is simply the norm here.
As other commentators told you, you need to get used to this, if you want to continue using this site. I wasn't first to complain about it and i won't be the last one.
I sincerely believe what putting content behind a paywall is wrong and counterproductive. I myself supported many creators on patreon, because i simply liked what they were doing and not because i was paying to unlock something.

May 15, 2022
$ for earlier access or additional content is common.
And it's a fairly new game, so the fact that this is a piracy forum hasn't really caught up to it yet.

If the dev sticks to the model of content that is pay only, (and the game draws enough interest) there's a pretty good chance that content will get leaked here.
If the dev tries to delete those leaks, F95 will take away any control they have over this thread.

On the other hand, F95 is usually pretty good about honoring a 'trailing content' model. Where everything released to patrons is also released for free a version or so later.

Either way, the result is the same.
Just wait for awhile and all content will find it's way here (assuming enough people are interested).
interesting thanks for the information

jkwwolf

Sep 29, 2020
I finally won a fight with zero casualties: 2 medics, 3 marines, and RNG on my side. It's still bad. Not fun. With five marines it is pure RNG attrition. Bringing miners is a stupid load out choice; they never survive anyway as it seems the aliens focus target them, and they hit weaker than a marine...useless. Samurai are expensive and having 10 hit points fewer than anyone else doesn't feel like the balance that I think it was meant to be. Because combat is about surviving attrition, 3 marines with medics have a higher survival rate than 3 samurai with medics.

Last edited:

nocturnalillusions

Game Developer
Feb 3, 2024
I finally won a fight with zero casualties: 2 medics, 3 marines, and RNG on my side. It's still bad. Not fun. With five marines it is pure RNG attrition. Bringing miners is a stupid load out choice; they never survive anyway as it seems the aliens focus target them, and they hit weaker than a marine...useless. Samurai are expensive and having 10 hit points fewer than anyone else doesn't feel like the balance that I think it was meant to be. Because combat is about surviving attrition, 3 marines with medics have a higher survival rate than 3 samurai with medics.
That's a good comp imo.
But casualities are normal. Don't expect to win the match flawlessly (although ofc you can). The point is not to win without losses, is just to win. I think one of the things I'll improve for the next release is the amount of rewards for a fight, so it doesn't feel as taxing.

For the Samurai unit, I am aware it's a bit weak at the moment, so I'll have to do some balance changes.

2.70 star(s) 10 Votes