2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
Needs a restoration patch.
is already applied. If you are referring to a patch to uncensor the game, then there is no patch, it is to convert the steam version for all ages into a +18 game. Anyway, here is the patch.
but don't expect any changes

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
Contradictory title. What a rip.
well it is what it is but the novel tries to be serious with characters as close to Japanese reality and there monogamy prevails and not many women are willing to share unless there is a fantasy nukige with a lot of characters who say yes, I love you, we are going to have an orgy, the reality is that with that mentality, If we applied it to this game, the protagonist would end up being a cuck or staying alone rather than being a harem king. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

This game is not a fantasy game, but one that tries to make it as close to reality as possible, although if you think about it, the personality of the characters themselves is a fantasy because there's no way a Japanese woman behaves like that and has those personalities. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

BGINaN

Oct 14, 2019
azarashi soft just uses the necessary mosaics

amakano 2 +

View attachment 3643169 View attachment 3643163

now talking about amanatsu:

There is no harem, you can only choose one of the 3 girls, the guide is very linear. There are only 3 options and you have to choose the same girl 3 times, once her story is finished, you go back to the beginning again and choose another girl. easy
This game is not a nukige so don't expect sex until very late in the story. you have to activate ultra high resolution in the options, the dubbing work and how the mouths coordinate with the sentences is very good
damn that's some nice ass art is this playable somewhere?

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
damn that's some nice ass art is this playable somewhere?
yes unfortunately it has to be with mtl
1st game

2st game It is an append but it works as a separate game so it would be like the second part that expands the routes

They are very large games, the 2 together are 17 GB

All you have to do is download the game and copy the translation content into the game and that's it. Amakano 1 has nothing to do with Amakano 2 but the characters do appear as extras. You can play Amakano 2 without having played amakano 1. They are separate stories but the same universe.

BGINaN

Oct 14, 2019
yes unfortunately it has to be with mtl
1st game

2st game It is an append but it works as a separate game so it would be like the second part that expands the routes

They are very large games, the 2 together are 17 GB

All you have to do is download the game and copy the translation content into the game and that's it. Amakano 1 has nothing to do with Amakano 2 but the characters do appear as extras. You can play Amakano 2 without having played amakano 1. They are separate stories but the same universe.
appreciate it will give them a try sometime soon hopefully the MTL doesn't take away from the dope art

Sep 29, 2017
Nope and they only kept Senpai in this one all other honorifics are gone
I might be able to accept that, honestly. That was probably the most important honorific too, as Shiravune tends to replace that one with "Mr.", which drove me up the wall in Marshmallow All the Way Home.

That said, if they replaced "-chan" with "-baby" again, I'm going to have an aneurysm.

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
I might be able to accept that, honestly. That was probably the most important honorific too, as Shiravune tends to replace that one with "Mr.", which drove me up the wall in Marshmallow All the Way Home.

That said, if they replaced "-chan" with "-baby" again, I'm going to have an aneurysm.
The problem is English as a language when it comes to these honorific concepts it is understood in Japanese and not in English, there are many honorifics that have many meanings in Japan and in English only one for example "onii-chan" who is an big brother and "aniki" who is a big brother and "nii-san" who is an big brother, the difference is that the first is to refer to your brother with affection, the second to someone you respect as a brother but it does not have to be your brother of blood and the third is a respectful way to refer to your brother. As you can see, three different concepts that in English mean the same thing, big brother.

but of course, who does not know this and suddenly the character says aniki translated as big brother, it can make the player understand that that person is his brother and get confused. The literal meaning of Japanese cannot be translated because maybe it doesn't make sense in English.

with the issue of the honorific chan you can leave it as it is, but we return to the same thing if the player does not know what "chan" is, the player can get confused

When Shiravune does a translation in English, he treats the player who consumes English traslation as someone who has no idea about Japanese and they have to give you everything translated so that you understand it. because they think that if they leave the terms in Japanese you won't understand it :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: and it may be so if someone is not aware of these terms ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

in imouto paradise 2 the protagonist calls ririna, riri-chan and it was translated as riri baby and the company that translated it was mangagamer

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017
The problem is English as a language when it comes to these honorific concepts it is understood in Japanese and not in English, there are many honorifics that have many meanings in Japan and in English only one for example "onii-chan" who is an big brother and "aniki" who is a big brother and "nii-san" who is an big brother, the difference is that the first is to refer to your brother with affection, the second to someone you respect as a brother but it does not have to be your brother of blood and the third is a respectful way to refer to your brother. As you can see, three different concepts that in English mean the same thing, big brother.

but of course, who does not know this and suddenly the character says aniki translated as big brother, it can make the player understand that that person is his brother and get confused. The literal meaning of Japanese cannot be translated because maybe it doesn't make sense in English.

with the issue of the honorific chan you can leave it as it is, but we return to the same thing if the player does not know what "chan" is, the player can get confused

When Shiravune does a translation in English, he treats the player who consumes English traslation as someone who has no idea about Japanese and they have to give you everything translated so that you understand it. because they think that if they leave the terms in Japanese you won't understand it :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: and it may be so if someone is not aware of these terms ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

in imouto paradise 2 the protagonist calls ririna, riri-chan and it was translated as riri baby and the company that translated it was mangagamer
Oh, I understand all that. English and Japanese don't perfectly translate into one another, as is the case with most languages. Changes have to be made to convey matters properly, and it's not uncommon for something to get lost in translation. That's why these companies are referred to as localizers rather than simply translators - straight translations aren't enough. It takes good knowledge of both languages and a degree of creativity to put together a decent product.

Since these stories are about Japanese culture, and their language reflects much of their values, you can lose a lot from the removal of honorifics. Yeah, someone who's unfamiliar with Japanese may be confused at first, but through either research or simply enough exposure they can eventually pick up on those meanings. Including honorifics certainly didn't hurt the Persona series, which exploded in popularity with Persona 5.

I've been reading VNs for a long time now, from the super early VNs with translations so bad you have to reread each line a few times to the more recent ones that flow naturally and immerse you in their world. I don't understand Japanese, so I've had to learn to put up with the questionable localization choices of some of these companies, and I'm not just talking about the removal of honorifics.
eat_your_hamburgers_thumbnail_16-9.png

That said, I do have my limits of what I can handle.

Shiravune is easily my least favorite localization company when it comes to VNs. Primal Hearts and Marshmallow All the Way Home were my first exposure to them, and the way they tried to subsitute honorifics made me cringe a number of times. Calling a person "Gono-baby" or feeling over the moon about being called "Mr." by a girl one year younger than you is ridiculous. And I'm sure I don't need to go into detail about the Nukitashi debacles. Fortunately their worst offenses are usually fixed by fans, but not everything they try to westernize gets that treatment. So as long as their changes are tolerable, I try to put my annoyance aside to enjoy the story.

And hey, it could always be worse. We could have ended up with another If My Heart Had Wings official localization.

Reactions: JosephF

Indexless

Aug 25, 2017

Bro anyone who is deep enough in Japanese culture to be reading visual novels knows about honorifics. It's a change for no one. I can understand it in surface level anime translations but nobody needs it here. There is not a single person reading this that doesn't know what "chan" means as an honorific.

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
Bro anyone who is deep enough in Japanese culture to be reading visual novels knows about honorifics. It's a change for no one. I can understand it in surface level anime translations but nobody needs it here. There is not a single person reading this that doesn't know what "chan" means as an honorific.
true, that's why I say that I don't understand why Shiravune treats you as if you were an idiot translating things that don't need translation but at the same time I put myself in the shoes of the translator when they tell him you have to translate everything into English and the translator has to change onii -chan by bro-bro
because the only translation of onii-chan in English is big brother but big brother is not valid because -chan is an affective term so look for another word to refer to brother in an affective way
capture (3).png
and of course we get this :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: I refuse to think that this is done deliberately thinking that it would actually look good.

Last edited:
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote