• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
And most importantly... why did you delete half the text :([/spoiler]
Because it was super confusing lol - the first part mostly went into detail about the possibility of time-travel, which is a topic that maybe should have its own post and at the moment is kind of weak.

In regards to the earlier topic of what exactly Maya did in the past that led to his second disappearence;

Noriko in her first hallway event drops the line: "Oh, right. I forgot the public part was the first link in the chain of events that lead to us being seperated once more." And I think there might be more stuff implying something similar later on, but I can't remember specifics.
I've always had the distinct impression that whatever happened almost totally outed Akira's relationship with Maya and forced him to disappear for a while (and potentially made him go into one of his catatonic states?). Honestly I've had my suspicions he was totally outed in the past, but I have no clue how that could have been covered up well enough for him to become an actual teacher.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is an event called Loxosceles Reclusa (Noriko's event), which is Akira's first date with Noriko, where she talks a lot about their past with Maya, and most of it is redacted. But, she mentions that after the tutoring sessions were over, she once saw Akira walking with someone on the old district, she ran to finally be with him again, but that the person he was with did something on the streets with him. It could very well be what you're suggesting, and that Maya maybe outted their relationship so that they would have no option but to flee that place.

This would also fit with new Maya's declaration of "doing her job perfectly" in terms of hiding their relationship. Since it would forever be something that she has to compensate for the previous blunder (perhaps intentional).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This event also has a possible time-travel happening as Akira mind wanders back to an event in chapter 1, but as I said, time-travel adds another layer to a puzzle that's already very complicated.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Maya and Noriko aren't HOPE and WIRES, they are their agents whether they are aware of it or not
Huh, especially because of the second pic message from noriko, i wonder if she been into really weird stuff has anything to do with this. Because i have to say, been okay with been used as a unconscious fucktoy, or getting cut is... weird to say the very least. Btw how come that both girls you call agents of different gods are into punish themself? Just think of yasu's blindfolded phase. And she did it with fucking duct tape. I am actually surprised the girl still has eyebrows.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Tsuneyo, Osako and Yuki are tossed into an arena to engage in combat. Last one standing wins.

Who’s walking out the victor?
Only Tsuneyo was ever completely open about her willingness to kill. I wont doubt that yuki would be able to stand her own in most normal fights, because i am sure she would fight dirty, but in the end she doesnt really feel like a fighter. And Osako i would guess has lost a lot of her combat skills over the time she did just train beginners. So yeah, i bet on tsuneyo.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Sure. Here is one. Why do yall think that Maya is related to Hope and not the wire God? (From what I am skimming through DeSkel15s messages right now) Please bear with me I am low IQ so I could be totally off or missed stuff but I thought she was an offspring of the wire god as: The weird council of Mayas all have hex names which is machine like, she doesnt go to the old district where I am pretty sure the machine god is buried though also tied with her thing with Noriko, lots of Maya nailed to crosses and other things paralleling Jesus and being the child of a god, she was threatened to be rebooted in the scare room by the machine god whom I thought was being mimiced by hope or the other god to fuck with her, and her name is Maya a programming language.

My thought was she was a part of the machine god that broke away. Which I recall a big thing was saying the machine god in the exposition dump was it never actively participated, at least before, and only tried to correct things like all the errors Akira sees when shit gets too messed up it steps in. Sending an avatar out to reset the universe is pretty on brand of only stepping in when things are wrong.

Then the Romeo and Juliet/star loves metaphor with her and protag, I was pretty sure Akira is a spawn of Hope literally trying to breed in a new generation of worshipers. Which would then set him up on the Montague and her the... uhh other one. I slept through lit class.
Maya is likely related to the Wire god/USER2/Calm god (Computer/Tree/Roots/Science incarnate god, etc):
  • In the Chapter 1 'Baby Finches' Happy Event, the Maya in it actually seems to tell Sensei about this god.
  • In the 2nd Reset, in Chapter 1's Main Event 'Changing of Seasons', Maya looks away while saying she doesn't know anything about this god, which likely means she's trying to hide things.
  • Then in Chapter 2's Main Event 'The Scary Room', Maya immediately reacts to what seems like USER2 accessing the Terminal, and she seems to understand it's capabilities enough to be terrified. Then she seems to communicate with it.
It also does seem like this god may have control over resets, and may be the one that Maya prays to, to Reset things. Maya seemed to start questioning her own survival after the Scary Room, implying she thought she was mostly safe until this god seemed to turn on her.

Not sure about the offspring thing when it comes to Maya, but Tsuneyo seems like she might fit this role in relation to this god. There's a few implications that Mr. Tojo may be this god or at least in league with it.

The Mayas may actually be related to a god/USER that isn't involved much anymore, since Long Maya claimed to be a freelancer in the 'Second Sun' Happy Event. The whole Untitled Children's Show thing is still quite a mystery though. They may be related to Nao/The Xoanon, as the 'Mother's Milk' Happy Event that it shows up in, is initially accessed through that show. (There's a few other reasons for this theory, but nothing concrete.)

As for HOPE and Maya:
  • HOPE does/did seem to want Maya. Specifically, Maya Prime. At least, according to Yasu in Chapter 3's 'The Legacy of Thaum Pt. IV' Main Event (Assuming her god is HOPE/Callous god/Lust Eater/Caps lock guy/USER1(?), etc).
  • AmIOkay Maya seems related to HOPE, with her and HOPE having a somewhat friendly conversation in the 'How I feel' Happy Event while she's being violated in a chair.
    • Which seems referenced by the Angels in the background of 'The Scary Room' Main Event, implying HOPE was at least observing that event, since the Angels refer to themselves as Watchers. Also mentioned a seed was planted so there was likely something planned for Maya.
  • In the Chapter 2 'The Light of Last Summer' Main Event (Nodoka's book seems named after), HOPE forces Sensei to watch AmIOkay Maya being raped, and shows Sensei in the chair being violated, so, there's something there.
Maya may be related to all the gods and stuff in some way, as even Pareidolia and Sekai seem to hold a grudge against her.

Maya's shrine also seems to be related to a god, but it's not clear which one. Yasu could smell a god on Sensei from visiting it, as she noted in her Chapter 2 'The Hole That Swallowed Everything' Event.

Reactions: thebladeofwar
4.20 star(s) 292 Votes