File Hosting for F95

ConfusedBeard

Jun 5, 2017
I'm currently working on a file hosting service for F95, just a little pet project of mine.

At the moment it's more of a "proof of concept" kind of thing, just a very simple page with links to one game.

Although it's on a 1000/1000 link, the current server is an old laptop with only 100/100 Mbit Ethernet but it's up and running.

It will move to a more powerful server soon, with full Gbit support.

is the adress if you want to check it our and test the speed.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Looking good, how were you going to handle uploads?

Let me know when you want to release it, we can see about adding it to the approved hosts list. The main concern for us would be stability and sustainability.

ConfusedBeard

Jun 5, 2017
Looking good, how were you going to handle uploads?

Let me know when you want to release it, we can see about adding it to the approved hosts list. The main concern for us would be stability and sustainability.
I'm currently doing some testing, mainly with Nextcloud, a free open source cloud/filesharing software.
For now I'm the only one who can upload but when I move out of testing I'm going to add some trusted uploaders/users to keep the server filling up with "junk" and other stuff, the server is only going to be used for hosting games for this site and if I allow anyone to upload it will fill up quickly with other stuff.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I'm currently working on a file hosting service for F95, just a little pet project of mine.

At the moment it's more of a "proof of concept" kind of thing, just a very simple page with links to one game.

Although it's on a 1000/1000 link, the current server is an old laptop with only 100/100 Mbit Ethernet but it's up and running.

It will move to a more powerful server soon, with full Gbit support.

is the adress if you want to check it our and test the speed.
I currently have some room my servers if you need additional space. Also if you are able to provide an API or some way to upload remotely. We have a tool that helps us upload to multiple sites at once.