DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I know right? wildlife has been living by that rule since life began, if only humans would live by that rule then surely we'd be the dominant species on the planet by now.
For a long time we did. The relative prosperity of the west is only a fairly recent thing, mostly since ww2. Societies didn't have the surplus to provide the extensive social safety nets that we have now.

Look how it's effected our story telling. Maya is in a bind, and instead of growing as a person and finding her way out of it, the story expects her friends to rescue her. In fact, personal growth as a story motif is used very sparingly.

OK let's assume that DPC didn't want a self growth story, he wanted someone to rescue Maya. DPC could also have another character, MC or Josy, experience a story arc where they grew from an unsure or un caring person to become the person that was capable of helping Maya. But in BaDIK it's assumed that they will be willing or able to help from the beginning.

MC is a kid from an impoverished backround, who logically should be struggling but isn't. All his focus isn't on his problems, but the problems of all the middle class white girl's around him.

I've done a poor job of explaining it here but my point is that this story only seems to make sense to someone that has an expectation of prosperity, and it's only one of the many problems that the story has.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
That's the point, she may actually be important but people rarely reference her unless it's talking about how adorable she is.
Josy should have seen the problem with the loan way sooner, she is a business major after all.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Josy should have seen the problem with the loan way sooner, she is a business major after all.
She a business major and smart with money but that don't mean she know everything about business and loans yet but still was able to find people that could help that shows problem solving skills something Maya greatly lacks

Reactions: Scopelophila

shazba jnr

Formerly 'Shazba Jnr'
Feb 3, 2024
Josy is important:whistle:. She has her own storyline, it’s not mainly about Maya. :oops::rolleyes:
Amirite :BootyTime:
...Look how it's effected our story telling. Maya is in a bind, and instead of growing as a person and finding her way out of it, the story expects her friends to rescue her. In fact, personal growth as a story motif is used very sparingly....
At least Josy actually called it (episode 7):

mc: "Did she come up with something?"​
Josy: "Nope... And between you and me..."​
Josy: "I don't feel that she's trying hard enough."​
She a business major and smart with money but that don't mean she know everything about business and loans yet but still was able to find people that could help that shows problem solving skills something Maya greatly lacks
She's also a first year, she hasn't learned shit yet.

Jul 29, 2017
Conversely if the fans universally loathe a side girl, have her disappear like Mona.
Mona was by far the hottest of the HOT daughters, she was far from loathed by anyone.
I've been in this thread for years and never saw any indication that the fan's universally loathed Mona, in fact if that was the benchmark for axing a character Maya and Jill, and of course Madame, would be long gone. And there's no indication that he's eliminating Madame either.
ReallyNotTimmy isn't saying that Mona was loathed, and that's why she left the story. He's saying she left the story, and loathed side girls should disappear like she did.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
At least Josy actually called it (episode 7):

mc: "Did she come up with something?"​
Josy: "Nope... And between you and me..."​
Josy: "I don't feel that she's trying hard enough."​

She's also a first year, she hasn't learned shit yet.
Yeah cause how could she have time, she was busy with school for the previous 12 ye.. Oh wait

iamcomming

Apr 22, 2024
about Mona
i really dont understand where is she. i know, she was on the menu and left the restaurant. but after what? as i remember, there was nothing about leaving from the hots or the school. only the restaurant. if Mona left the school, than Quinn why was so worring about she may speak. it is stupid

• Sad
Reactions: Milton749
4.80 star(s) 1,516 Votes