• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.70 star(s) 77 Votes

accnt4

Mar 1, 2019
Sad Update

The Wish 2 is not looking like it is going to happen. Basically I have been reliant on the F95 Iray server in order to render scenes because my PC can't really handle it. That server has been down for the past 5 months and there's no indication it will come back soon, if ever. Why this is the case, I don't know and I am not speculating.

Without the Iray server the game is dead in the water. I'm not necessarily abandoning it. I've written a lot of it and the story, etc. is ahead of the renders. I've also spent a lot of time on UX and, for want of a better term, "adapting" the engine. Should a method of quickly (and cheaply) rendering the scenes present itself, I may resume.

However, that is currently unlikely. So, it's best to consider the Wish franchise dead. Don't ask for or expect an updated HD version, a sequel, or anything else. I cannot afford to continue. The first game (not including a lot of unpaid developer time) made a loss of nearly $10,000. The Iray server was a lifeline, but frankly, this is what happens to honest developers when too many players subscribe to dishonest grifters. The adult game bubble is bursting as evidenced by even Summertime Saga being abandoned!

I have placed my SubscribeStar on vacation mode until 2050. I don't think I have any paid subscribers but if I do this will, at least, mean you aren't paying for something that won't happen. Vacation mode seemed better than deleting it in case I can resume production.

Anyway, thank you for your support (if you gave it). I know the original game, despite (perhaps because) of all its flaws had developed a cult following. I recognise and really appreciate that it has/had a small, dedicated following and I regret that I could not give you what you want. However, my PC is now nearly 8 years old and just can't hack it anymore; I can't justify paying post-COVID/post-Brexit prices for technology just for what amounts to a hobby, not with a family to support. However, be assured, the support you've given me has meant the world to me and I wish (no pun intended) I could repay it.

Ciao.
Sorry to hear that, but best of luck moving forward. Your writing and character design are both exceptional when compared to the norm in this genre.

3.70 star(s) 77 Votes