• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Dark knight of vengeance [Black megane laboratory, EN Translation Req]

RavionStuf

Jun 7, 2020
I've begun translating this game yesterday, and so far things are going well. After this I will translate Strangers, and if I could manage to get Dungeon of Lust, I could complete a translation for that.
Oh damn, I wished I noticed this sooner but I'm glad you're back to do another Black Megane Laboratory Translation! Good luck on translating their recent games, they're really on the Dialogue-heavy side if you don't include the defeat scenes.

I'm glad you're doing this one first since that would mean the 3 games that are important to this overarching story will finally get translated (Island of Ryona, Adventure of the Monster Tamer, and Dark Knight of Vengeance)

Also nice to see you're considering doing dungeon of lust as well since I recommended it. I'll send in the game if you don't have it already as well as the link for the person who originally translated it so you can decide if you want to translate it or not

Last edited:
Reactions: MelanieMelicious
Nov 23, 2022
I'm still translating Dark Knight of Vengeance, I just decided to take a small 3-day tangent and translate Ryona no Mori (the game made before Ryona no Shima) since I realized it would be really quick. So now you can play it while you wait for me to finish Dark Knight.

Here's the post link: https://f95zone.to/threads/ryona-no-mori-black-megane-laboratory-english-translation.183762/

(RavionStuf's message)
Thank you, I will definitely be sure to translate at least the rest of what was unfinished. Depending on the quality of the existing translation, there's a chance I might do an entirely new one. But if the existing one is good, then yeah, I can just complete the unfinished part.

Reactions: RavionStuf

RavionStuf

Jun 7, 2020
I'm still translating Dark Knight of Vengeance, I just decided to take a small 3-day tangent and translate Ryona no Mori (the game made before Ryona no Shima) since I realized it would be really quick. So now you can play it while you wait for me to finish Dark Knight.

Here's the post link: https://f95zone.to/threads/ryona-no-mori-black-megane-laboratory-english-translation.183762/
Oh damn, that was quick. I was actually gonna plan to ask someone to help me translate that game since I kind of did a rough translation of the main story, but I guess I don't have to now. I'll check it out later!

RavionStuf

Jun 7, 2020
Played through it and it was a pretty solid translation, basically in the similar ball park to my translation. The only gripe with it would be the fact that the main character's name is Moka but her actual name is Moko, which is the older sister of Moka (there was actually a part that had her name right in one of the dialogue which kind of confused me). Plus in the file which shows all the enemies which have the name abbreviated, Jig has his full name being actually named Jigu, just letting you know.

If you decide to make changes to it, I may as well share what my translation was like for the main story. It may not be fully accurate at some parts, but there are some parts that are missing that my translation have. So, if you want to you can include them or not, depends on you.

4f4a52e6.png

Nov 23, 2022
(RavionStuf's message)
Oh, whoops, my bad. I was a little confused with the names, especially since the untranslated names in Shima and Mori both were identical there, at least in a few of the files. But yeah, that makes a lot more sense there since it did confuse me with the continuity. Thank you for telling me.

I'll very quickly do a fix changing Moka to Moko, and probably Jig to Jigu, soon, since those should be simple and would prevent confusion in the story. But any other ones I'll probably get to after finishing translating the other games.

Reactions: RavionStuf
Nov 23, 2022
Okay, I did a quick update on the names, and also two lines of dialogues. Thread was updated to include the updated download, but also has an archive to the old one just in case the change somehow broke something.

RavionStuf

Jun 7, 2020
Okay, I did a quick update on the names, and also two lines of dialogues. Thread was updated to include the updated download, but also has an archive to the old one just in case the change somehow broke something.
Was playing through it and when i got to the Jigu bossfight, it gave me this error. Luckily it was a easy fix, Just having to rename his file name. So you may as well get that fixed soon. Just remove the extra "u"you added to Jigu's Battler graphic data and it might read it no problem
Screenshot (479).png

Last edited:

RavionStuf

Jun 7, 2020
Thank you again. Right after reading this, I quickly fixed it, and then used a save to test the Jigu battle shortly after. I updated the download link and post again, and it should work now.
Did a quick playthrough of it and the bug has been fixed! Thanks for translating this game! I'm looking forward to you doing the rest of the games.

Also, you may as well post it in the other threads like adventure of the monster tamer and inma and the tentacle labyrinth since in one game she and Jigu makes a cameo while the other she is the older sister of Monet.

RavionStuf

Jun 7, 2020
I'm actually considering to translate the rest of Dungeon of Lust that the person already did. Looking at it, the defeat scenes seem to be fully complete with just some text untranslated, while the story dialogue is the part that isn't complete. I may finish what they haven't done so far while also changing some text that might not be fully accurate if that's alright.