• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Dark knight of vengeance [Black megane laboratory, EN Translation Req]

Nov 23, 2022
(RavionStuf's Message)
Oh yeah, feel free, I'm not gatekeeping any translation projects to myself. It'll also help so I wouldn't have to do that at a future date.

I might as well also give a quick update. Yes, my translation for Dark Knight of Vengeance is taking a long time - emphasis on the later games being very dialogue-heavy. It's hard to say exactly how much I have left to complete, but I've gotten a good portion done.

RavionStuf

Jun 7, 2020
Oh yeah, feel free, I'm not gatekeeping any translation projects to myself. It'll also help so I wouldn't have to do that at a future date.

I might as well also give a quick update. Yes, my translation for Dark Knight of Vengeance is taking a long time - emphasis on the later games being very dialogue-heavy. It's hard to say exactly how much I have left to complete, but I've gotten a good portion done.
Got it finally finished. But, I'm unsure how I can post it. Since i actually used Steam's RPG maker MV to translate the text, when I do deploy it, I just saves my save data I did there so I'm not if it work for others if they want to save. Let me know what I should do. If you want, I can just post the data of the translation and you can take it from there.

Nov 23, 2022
(RavionStuf's Message)
I just did some quick tests, and after saving the project, it seems that the changes work perfectly fine both either after deploying onto a new folder, or directly editing the existing files with RPG Maker MV and just saving. So if it's worked with existing saves, it probably works on new saves. Though if you want, you can do a quick test by adding test text to the opening scene dialogue and making sure it shows up on a new save after deploying. Just make sure you remember to remove it after.

Nov 23, 2022
Is the translation for Dark knight of Vengeance completed?
hi, translation is basically finished, like just recently, for the actual game part. I still have about ~50% of the defeat scenes left (sorry to anybody who only care that part), and other than that, everything else is done. Sorry for how long I took, I've been on and off in doing this, and it might be a while before I complete the last defeat scenes, so I decided it would be better to release it in its nearly complete state.

Here's the post: https://f95zone.to/threads/dark-kni...megane-laboratory-english-translation.206477/

(hi I just want to give you notification)
hi main game part is done

Reactions: danken

RavionStuf

Jun 7, 2020
hi, translation is basically finished, like just recently, for the actual game part. I still have about ~50% of the defeat scenes left (sorry to anybody who only care that part), and other than that, everything else is done. Sorry for how long I took, I've been on and off in doing this, and it might be a while before I complete the last defeat scenes, so I decided it would be better to release it in its nearly complete state.

Here's the post: https://f95zone.to/threads/dark-kni...megane-laboratory-english-translation.206477/

Amazing! I can wait on the defeat scenes, so I'm glad the main story dialogue is finished! I understand you taking quite a long time to finish translating this, just goes to show how much dialogue their newer games actually have, especially with strangers. I'm looking forward to the finished translated version, until then, I'll be playing the one you release so far.

RavionStuf

Jun 7, 2020
Seems to be a bug in which you can't save your file and exiting the options menu give this error message. Not sure if this is something you experienced or this is a issue I'm dealing with.
Screenshot (743).png

Nov 23, 2022
Seems to be a bug in which you can't save your file and exiting the options menu give this error message. Not sure if this is something you experienced or this is a issue I'm dealing with.
View attachment 3604144
Just add a new folder and name it "www" all saves will go there
Oh shoot, I'm so sorry, I did all my testing before packaging the game. But yeah (now referring to second quote), that fix seems to work. I also updated the MegaUpload download link to automatically have that fix now. I'll quickly do another full game test to make sure no other new hidden errors popped up from packaging.

RavionStuf

Jun 7, 2020
Played the whole game and there wasn't any issues I've faced which was good. The only gripes would obviously be some grammar errors I saw that could be fixed if you decide to do so. Also, Some of the final boss attacks seem to be untranslated, so it might be a good idea to get that fixed before the final version is complete.

Nella123321

Apr 26, 2024

I appreciate all your effort. Thank you very much.

You do amazing work <3