• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM [Translation Request] Succubus Rhapsodia [Dreamania]

753tj753

Mar 10, 2021
The error was indeed caused by having an H in someone's name, which normally get turned to hearts in the game. Of course, original Japanese writing wouldn't use these letters... But this seems like a straight up bug. The image for heart is just defined in this scope and that code would never execute in the original game, and the code doesn't work if the game reaches it. I just made it not check for H specifically and write it as normal
I'm having no issues now, thanks :D I'll playtest some more

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Oskar1899

Mar 27, 2019
Hey really love this, been following attempts at translations since 2016. After installing I got the english up and running but I'm not sure if I got the mapconrep and tranlatecharacters done properly. After attempting to run both, a quick window appeared then vanished for each of them. To confirm, its all in english except when entering a location it stays Japanese when showing the lcations name. I also having the first lesser succubus fight have japanese text floating around when she talks towards the MC. For context I have the latest version of python when preparing for this. Did I make a mistake somewhere?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
Everything you described sounds about right. If you just double click the scripts, the command line window will auto close after running it. If you want to make sure the output is correct for them, try opening a command line or powershell window or some Python editor window like IDLE separately, then run the scripts from there. But so far only a few of the bosses have their combat dialog translated, and the location names are images so I haven't looked into editing them yet, so that is to be expected. I'm currently working on translating the rest of the bosses

Oskar1899

Mar 27, 2019
Everything you described sounds about right. If you just double click the scripts, the command line window will auto close after running it. If you want to make sure the output is correct for them, try opening a command line or powershell window or some Python editor window like IDLE separately, then run the scripts from there. But so far only a few of the bosses have their combat dialog translated, and the location names are images so I haven't looked into editing them yet, so that is to be expected. I'm currently working on translating the rest of the bosses
Looks like all is good. I did notice a few spelling errors in the actual english near the beginning but it seems most of what you said is translated appears to be so. Btw this is the most I've seen anyone translate so right now just straight kuddos man, it is so nice to FINALLY understand a majority of what they're saying. Thanks so much

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
If anyone has experience with Github, feel free to contribute fixes through there when you see errors. Otherwise I'll probably catch most errors over time. Although, sometimes the English might be jank due to how the game strings text together from different parts and it can be difficult to get it flowing well in English