• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

The lack of quality MCs

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
I think both of you are correct in a way and it can be summed up as "different strokes for different folks" (Pun absolutely intended.) Some want an MC as blank as possible, others the opposite, and some people want an in-between.
Your arse must be in tatters sitting on that fence the way you do.

Reactions: aereton

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
In other words, MCs should at least somewhat resemble human beings.
I take part in the No Nut November challenge every year and even after 3-4 weeks of complete abstinence, I'm less horny than most of the MCs I've seen in those games. I suppose the facts that they father systematicelly died and their mother figures always want to fuck them are playing a part but still... :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: fh321

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
and even after 3-4 weeks of complete abstinence, I'm less horny than most of the MCs I've seen in those games.
I just now pictured your average AVN, where the LI comes onto MC and you click [Kiss her] to initiate the H scene but the game responds with John McYugedick had a migraine and went home instead. :KEK: Could be a good troll, you can steal it devs

Last69!

Oct 11, 2023
that's why I like corruption games because the MC decides he isn't particularly a good person and actively tries to get the result he wants. I think the problem that is described in opening is mostly for vanilla games and it's the same reason vanilla harem anime died as well. Everyone hated the main characters.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
that's why I like corruption games because the MC decides he isn't particularly a good person and actively tries to get the result he wants. I think the problem that is described in opening is mostly for vanilla games and it's the same reason vanilla harem anime died as well. Everyone hated the main characters.
I love corruption games where the MC doesn't need to be a complete asshole. Where the idea is more that he unlocks the innate hornieness and lewdness of the woman and then is able to seduce and fuck them all, over and over. With the end result not that they're mindless obedient slaves or otherwise completely devoted to him, but rather just that sex is on the table and always an option, but they're still full of personality and character.

nulnil

May 18, 2021
In the context of male MC's, it's because the writers don't want to do anything that might make them unrelatable to the player at any cost.

Reactions: Ying Ko

wolf67

Jan 27, 2019
While I do understand what you mean, I feel like it depend on what the game going for.