RPGM WIP Shisaye's Project List

Xand

Oct 16, 2016
I'm sorry, but It has not been 2 months since release, yet.
View attachment 3708903
Either remind me when it fits my request rules, or just translate it yourself using SLR Translator. (Which is 100% free, in case there's some confusion about that.)

In general SLR Translator is supposed to replace me long term, and if nobody tells me what's bad about it before I'm gone, then it will stay bad. I'm really trying to make it user friendly.
Also I mean using it you can translate whatever the heck you want, whenever the heck you want.
Even if the evil number between 6 and 8 is involved or something like that, nobody knows, nobody cares.

tried using the SLR translator, but for the life of me couldn't get the SLR auto translator to connect.
Made an MTL using Mtool and Sugoi using this method though.

It was crap and my hopes of making any further MTLs died faster than anyone can say SLR Transla.....

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
tried using the SLR translator, but for the life of me couldn't get the SLR auto translator to connect.
I'm confused... what is "SLR auto translator"?
You're just supposed to have SugoiV4 running in offline mode using any of the countless toolkits out there, and then follow the tuturial you get when you press F1 in SLR translator.

What step actually didn't work? Batch translation? What was the error message?

Xand

Oct 16, 2016
I'm confused... what is "SLR auto translator"?
You're just supposed to have SugoiV4 running in offline mode using any of the countless toolkits out there, and then follow the tuturial you get when you press F1 in SLR translator.

What step actually didn't work? Batch translation? What was the error message?

So here's the steps I had followed:
Had the toolkit running - loaded up sugoi offline translator on port 14366,
Launched SLR Translator
Selected the project exe - using mvmz parser
checked for filename mismatches on the json files, none found
Selected all objects
Selected batch translator (the red bars)
Selected prepare for batch translator (the blue dictionary icon)
Then the screen goes grey, and the spinning dots comes on with the text that says working.
This went on for about an hour and a half, and then I gave up.

(I have a reasonably decent system and this was running on an Kingston Gen 3 nvme SSD)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
So here's the steps I had followed:
Had the toolkit running - loaded up sugoi offline translator on port 14366,
Launched SLR Translator
Selected the project exe - using mvmz parser
checked for filename mismatches on the json files, none found
Selected all objects
Selected batch translator (the red bars)
Selected prepare for batch translator (the blue dictionary icon)
Then the screen goes grey, and the spinning dots comes on with the text that says working.
This went on for about an hour and a half, and then I gave up.

(I have a reasonably decent system and this was running on an Kingston Gen 3 nvme SSD)
You are seriously confusing me. I did not make any spinning dot loading animation for the prepare for batch translation button.
There's also no text.
You just press the button it stays depressed for a few seconds and then it's done.

I've got the game from your pixeldrain link and extracted it.
I started SLR Translator clicked on new project, selected the executable from the game, and said yes on the js question.
(Loading the js files was the longest part of the whole process with around 50 seconds.)
Then I've pressed the prepare project for batch translation button and it took around 20 seconds to process.
Then I've launched Sugoi in the background, clicked on batch translation in SLR Translator and left everything on default.
It processed 14 batches without any errors.
Then I've clicked the fix cells and check for errors button. That took around 30 seconds and I've had some false alarm errors about potential file names. (Those entries are just the credits they are not harmful.)
I've wrapped and then exported the project.

The entire process took less than 10 minutes on my end (But I was running SugoiV4 using Cuda), and from a short test the game runs fine and is translated.

Last edited:

Xand

Oct 16, 2016
You are seriously confusing me. I did not make any spinning dot loading animation for the prepare for batch translation button.
There's also no text.
You just press the button it stays depressed for a few seconds and then it's done.

I've got the game from your pixeldrain link and extracted it.
I started SLR Translator clicked on new project, selected the executable from the game, and said yes on the js question.
(Loading the js files was the longest part of the whole process with around 50 seconds.)
Then I've pressed the prepare project for batch translation button and it took around 20 seconds to process.
Then I've launched Sugoi in the background, clicked on batch translation in SLR Translator and left everything on default.
It processed 14 batches without any errors.
Then I've clicked the fix cells and check for errors button. That took around 30 seconds and I've had some false alarm errors about potential file names. (Those entries are just the credits they are not harmful.)
I've wrapped and then exported the project.

The entire process took less than 10 minutes on my end (But I was running SugoiV4 using Cuda), and from a short test the game runs fine and is translated.
Okay, so I tried with another game - RJ01149624.

This is the what I mean by the spinning dot animation. It just stays stuck on this.

the working animation.png

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Okay, so I tried with another game - RJ01149624.

This is the what I mean by the spinning dot animation. It just stays stuck on this.

View attachment 3713219
Is that after pressing the Create Project button or beforehand?
On Windows 10 or Windows 11?
Also there's objects on the left of that screenshot, how did those get there if you didn't parse a game, yet?

I've honestly never seen that problem before.

My guess for that screenshot would have been that the development copy didn't work and you need to extract the rgss2a container of the game, but the other game was running on MZ so it did not have any of that stuff.

Last edited:

Xand

Oct 16, 2016
You're correct, the objects were for another (partially translated game) that had previously loaded and parsed.
Wanted to show the animation with the screen shot, where the application essentially freezes, whenever that animation comes up.

Kind of a weird glitch.