• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Canes

May 27, 2018
And while I'm at it, stop with the "parents died" cliche. Just say you turned an adult and moved the fuck out or something.
Okay, I'm done, I'll let myself out.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
View attachment 3637486
If serious then Idk what to say, for me it's just one extra click so I guess idc
As a proponent of yes all, I hate extra "choice" clicks. Will I quit a game for it, no. Will it affect my overall enjoyment of the story, no. Would it impact my rating if I bothered to do those things, no.

Does my internal monologue heave a giant overly dramatic long-suffering sigh everytime I have to click one, yes, yes it does.

AVNTester2

Nov 13, 2023
As a proponent of yes all, I hate extra "choice" clicks. Will I quit a game for it, no. Will it affect my overall enjoyment of the story, no. Would it impact my rating if I bothered to do those things, no.

Does my internal monologue heave a giant overly dramatic long-suffering sigh everytime I have to click one, yes, yes it does.
8982-pepe-lmao.png
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
What I've been after:

There may be some rules somewhere. I never insisted it be US case law. I'm not a lawyer and I'm certainly not versed on all the rules that apply around the world. So I ask. When I ask, I'm met with scorn, because "we all know it, it's the law!!!". But, as far as I've been able to find, it's not the law:
Most often disclaimers of all types are there to protect from lawsuits.

Reactions: Ekzou and pitao

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yes, disclaimers are there to protect.

Yes, the requirement to have the player click yes or no is important because THEN it's on the player, NOT the dev, if someone underage does play, because there is no way to argue they didn't realize it was going to have adult material.*

If there's no button to press, it can be argued (stupidly) that the player "missed" the notice.

Is any of this ever likely to come into play? Probably not, but that's why 95% (if not all) of the games have it.

*Unless of course the player can prove they can't read, but then you have other issues in play.

Canes

May 27, 2018
Never heard of indie devs getting into legal trouble because of a yes/no disclaimer. Haven't been able to find anything on that, just randoms talking out their ass. I wish people would just post sources and provide some credible links, that way we could all grow less ignorant as a collective.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
And while I'm at it, stop with the "parents died" cliche. Just say you turned an adult and moved the fuck out or something.
Okay, I'm done, I'll let myself out.
Never heard of indie devs getting into legal trouble because of a yes/no disclaimer. Haven't been able to find anything on that, just randoms talking out their ass. I wish people would just post sources and provide some credible links, that way we could all grow less ignorant as a collective.
A man of your word, I see!

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
Yeah we got nuked and warned that we would be temp banned on this topic yesterday best not to start it again

Adalace

Jun 19, 2020
What's up with the Android installation process? I've never seen something quite like it before. Is it legit/safe? Is the entire zip archive directly from the dev or is it repackaged by somebody else? Thanks.
Contents of the Ripples-0.6.0-android-compressed.zip -> "!!!READ First!!! Install Notes.txt" file:
Instructions:
Install apk.
Grant storage permissions on first run!
Close the game.
Copy the archive.rpa file to the documents/Renpy_Saves/com.jestur.ripples/game directory (create if does not exist).
Restart the game.

If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Ripples, you will have to will have to transfer your saves from Android/data/com.jestur.ripples/files/saves to Documents/renpy_saves/com.jestur.ripples/files/saves

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
What's up with the Android installation process? I've never seen something quite like it before. Is it legit/safe? Is the entire zip archive directly from the dev or is it repackaged by somebody else? Thanks.
Contents of the Ripples-0.6.0-android-compressed.zip -> "!!!READ First!!! Install Notes.txt" file:
I believe it's usual install process for phones when game reached size that is too big to make simple .apk file, which is limited to 2GB.

Reactions: TigerWolfe

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Next time MC goes to the past, he needs to leave a note to dear old dad telling him to buy a 1967 Shelby GT 500 and store it until his son is old enough to drive. When he gets back to the present, who cares how thing go, just fill up with gas and enjoy the open road!
I myself wouldn't mind taking a ride in a Shelby either.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 286 Votes