• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Help with Renpy, quick menu opacity

jg2094

Sep 15, 2020
"I've been trying to change the opacity of the quick menu similarly to how it's done with the textbox, but despite using different codes and ideas, nothing seems to work. Is it possible to do this?"

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
"I've been trying to change the opacity of the quick menu similarly to how it's done with the textbox, but despite using different codes and ideas, nothing seems to work. Is it possible to do this?"
Neither the quick menu, nor its buttons, have a background by default. Therefore, without firstly giving them one, you'll obviously not be able to change their opacity.

Reactions: jg2094

jg2094

Sep 15, 2020
Neither the quick menu, nor its buttons, have a background by default. Therefore, without firstly giving them one, you'll obviously not be able to change their opacity.
I meant creating a slider for the player to select their preferred opacity for the quick menu, but from what you're saying, I guess that's not possible

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I assume you mean the opacity of the text? Since, as mentioned, it has no background by default.
In case you want to edit the opacity of the text, simply go to the following line in gui.rpy:

Python:
define gui.idle_small_color = '#aaaaaa30'
I added the 30, that's the transparency. rrggbbaa

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I meant creating a slider for the player to select their preferred opacity for the quick menu, but from what you're saying, I guess that's not possible
If you want to create a bar for it, create a bar (Documentation here: )
where it takes min and max value of 0 to 100, then put a -1 and cast it as a string. If -1, return an empty string, else return the string of the int (00 to 99) and attach it to gui.idle_small_color so it'll be dynamic.

jg2094

Sep 15, 2020
I assume you mean the opacity of the text? Since, as mentioned, it has no background by default.
In case you want to edit the opacity of the text, simply go to the following line in gui.rpy:

Python:
Thank you! It worked correctly.

jg2094

Sep 15, 2020

Python:
And if the quick menu were an imagebutton, could it also be given opacity?