Seeking good harem games

mahligl

Jan 22, 2023
Hi. What I am looking for is harem games which are well-written and/or have interesting harem dynamics.

Too often it is just 'press X to fuck the girl #1', 'press Y to fuck the girl #2'. This is not fun.

The best one that I've stumbled upon is 'The Last Sovereign'. Maybe there is something else you may recommend?

Reactions: MidnightKing

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Reactions: mahligl

m00nsh1ne

Feb 22, 2020
Bare Witness is a well written story with good characters that has an optional harem path that can include up to 4 girls. It also has solo girl paths for each main LI.

Jan 28, 2018
  • Renryuu Ascension (main heroines has a lot more story and will always be part of the main story, other girls are there to help you or only exists in side quests)
  • Crimson Keep (flash game)
  • Of course, Rance series (huge payoff in Rance X which is the final game in the series and also the biggest one more than 100+ hours of content mind you)
  • Mandrake (translated), Erode 1 (translated), , . Erode series, very similar to Rance but condensed and an rpgm game, later installation are not translated though.
  • Bunny Black 1 (translated), 2 (translated) and . Fun gameplay, a bit grindy.
  • Fall in Labyrinth (translated). Great characters, subpar h-scenes nevertheless the harem has actual substance.

Reactions: Arabi1

mahligl

Jan 22, 2023
Tune in to the Show
Sorcerer
Terminus Reach: Sentinel
Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2
Love of Magic
Vae Victis - Khan
Once in a Lifetime

All with above average character writing imo, though that's kinda underselling them. Some aren't purely vanilla though, but the least vanilla stuff is avoidable.
I went through some of your suggestions, and they've been really great! I really liked 'Love of Magic' and 'Vae Victis' (although this one I've alrealy played). 'Sorcerer' is something of a mixed bag, but something to be experienced for sure, and pretty much nailing the harem aspect. This one, along with 'Love of Magic' seem to be real stories, if you know what I mean. I'll look into other titles shortly. Thanks, had a great time with what I've already played!

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Hell yeah, a TLS fan. Good taste.

Dungeon Days - This is a game I like to give a shoutout to every chance I get. It's relatively new in terms of content and is a kinetic novel, but this is probably the only game out the hundreds I've played that reminded me of TLS in terms of harem dynamics. There's real care going into the girls relationships not only with the MC, but with each other as well. The Harem itself hasn't really started yet but still a very good game so far.

Noblesse Oblige - This game is actually inspired by TLS (confirmed by the dev if I remember right) and plays very similarly as a grand RPGM game with a lot of story, combat, major decisions, etc etc. You'll notice pretty quick. I'm going to be real and say the lewd content is by far the weakest part of the game, and the "harem" is really only a throuple relationship. Last time I played there was only one scene outside of that relationship and it's tied to a major decision that you'll probably not choose. Not a ton of sex scenes in the first place either. But because of its similarity to TLS I figured I'd mention it.

My Time With You - Pure harem and the story revolves around it. Very well written. Cute and Cozy. There's some drama and twists but nothing too heavy. Girls interact with each other a lot, but there hasn't been threesomes or anything like TLS. Not sure if there are plans for them tbh.

Desert Stalker - I think this fits more on the well written side. You have a harem, but not all the girls are connected into one big one. I feel like it's more just one aspect of the game rather than it being a major key element if that makes sense. But regardless a solid game and very high quality.

A House in the Rift - One of the reasons I like this is because of how much the love interests interact with each other. It's not the most riveting game in terms of story, but it's chill and fun. I think by now some aspects feel a bit dated as well but it has a ton of content.

If you sort harem games by weighted rating there's some solid titles in there as well. TLS is the cream of the crop imo but there's a lot of harem games around. This post could turn into an essay really.

mahligl

Jan 22, 2023
Hell yeah, a TLS fan. Good taste.
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll check them out! Yes, 'The Last Sovereign' is something else. It may be the best written RPG I've played. This year I actually found myself choosing to play it instead of 'BGIII', 'Colony Ship' or some else, presumably, 'serious' titles. To some extent, they don't hold a candle to what Sierra Lee's made. But well, that's a discussion for a different time.

Reactions: MidnightKing