Real Trampas

Jan 21, 2024
Hey guys, im replaying the game again and i want to make sure about something the WT isn t sure about!

if you assault viola while modeling in the shop when you first encounter her, does she appears in the game again or not? WT doesn't know xD

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Hey guys, im replaying the game again and i want to make sure about something the WT isn t sure about!

if you assault viola while modeling in the shop when you first encounter her, does she appears in the game again or not? WT doesn't know xD
No. She won't be there to be resqued at the bus station as far as i know.

Reactions: Real Trampas

Karmadive

Mar 12, 2020
I think the amount of discord in regards to this game is (from my limited observation) when you have two different groups with opposing viewpoints/likes in regards to the content of the game. ie caring path versus the abusing path. There will also be some overlapping people that swing both ways ;) both sides discussing the narrative, but also I think subconsciously trying to keep safe their side of the game they enjoy.

The fact that NeonGhosts has managed to appease both sides of these groups for the most part is worthy of praise.

Just to preface this next part I play the "good" side of the narrative

The Lucien part feels like to me an escalation in all those TV cop/murder shows that suddenly switch up to bring in and then eventually focus on some large conspiracy involving powerful people when either they feel the audience is getting bored with the regular theme of the shows, or the writers/showrunners are. Some people will be off put with the switch in the narrative focus, regardless of if it was planned all along.

But it's also you don't want the story to stagnate and just be the same events happening over and over again with no challenge happening.

So I definitely understand why the decision to bring Lucien into the game was made, and when introducing a villain into the game where the "Hero" can be a very evil person himself you need someone equal or worse then them. Which just makes them seem over the top to the people who are playing the good person , versus just seeming like an equal to the Evil path players. The extremes of the choices play against the writer in this regards I feel.

I would have loved to have this game continue as a more Slice of Life game, I'm struggling with not being able to continue due to the theme change. However the game is not mine. The most important things is what NeonGhost wants to write about, what he has planned and what he wants the game to be. they have created a story that people are passionate about experiencing and discussing which they should take a good amount of pride in what they have made.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I think the amount of discord in regards to this game is (from my limited observation) when you have two different groups with opposing viewpoints/likes in regards to the content of the game. ie caring path versus the abusing path. There will also be some overlapping people that swing both ways ;) both sides discussing the narrative, but also I think subconsciously trying to keep safe their side of the game they enjoy.

The fact that NeonGhosts has managed to appease both sides of these groups for the most part is worthy of praise.
What you wrote there is exactly why I think Neon Ghost is a great writer.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
How would i do it? Bail Gabby's dad out of prison, he has connections in the criminal underground. Pay him well to pay anonymously a guy to go and shoot Lucien. Pay some afore and well after. Done. Police won't dig too much for a bunch of criminals who had some score to set.

NeonGhosts feel free to use this plot element if you like it :)
Set up Pepper... she would cut his dick and righteously claim self-defense afterwards
Those sound like great plans! They also sound like they would fall under the category of "violence". ;)

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
He is not sympathetic at all. He drags the girl away screaming and when Guy tries to interneve he hits him in the solar plexus. Also Lucien is the one who goes around carrying a gun.
Plus all the shit Lucien do while he stands guard. So don't expect those two scumbags to turn on each other.

Reactions: Jaffa55 and Dee_Daa

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
He is not sympathetic at all. He drags the girl away screaming and when Guy tries to interneve he hits him in the solar plexus. Also Lucien is the one who goes around carrying a gun.
Plus all the shit Lucien do while he stands guard. So don't expect those two scumbags to turn on each other.
That scene was really good. I really wanted to save the day but that fucker stopped me. And I'm going to remember that.

Oct 10, 2022
Granted, I do think chp 1 can be improved regarding Nicki's writing and Neon's rework will help a ton in that regard; but we do already have plenty of evidence of her true character, even in that 1st chapter. In the very first scene with her, if you take the 2nd (corruption) option where you exchange money for sex, but are nice about it (complimenting her etc.), you will get to listen in on a phone call with Brent and find out that he wanted Nicki to ask for way more, but Nicki chose to be honest to MC and only ask for the amount they needed to pay off the debt. That's not something an unsympathetic 'moron' or 'she-bitch' would do, but it is certainly something a financially desperate person who doesn't want to take advantage of her friend might do. In later chapters, you also get moments where she expresses her feelings about MC without realizing he's listening in. Some people have thankfully adjusted their views of her because of that (doesn't mean they have to like her ofc), but others still refuse to accept that their first impressions were simply wrong.
I really don't want to go into these tbh, I have lots of suspicion and questions about those too. Especially after she took the money. Also I know these will start some fight too and my memory is not that fresh about it. I just wanted to say why I don't like her, not because she had previous relationship. My fav has a child from her past marriage.

Well, I guess I will participate in this Nicki cycle haha. But, to me, Nicki is clearly a case of fucking up and mistaken intention (from the MC's pov). She consistently finds herself in the orbit of certain abusive men that she evidently feels some level of attachment & loyalty to, and then struggles to get away from them because of it. That unfortunately reflects a lot of women, some I've even personally known.
Tbh, I kinda pity on her about this. She was treated badly by everyone she knew and she fell for slightest interest or kindness, that means even someone like Brent can sway her. I also see Nicki not accepting MC's relationship offer as a character growth. She has feelings to MC but when MC confesses to her she is wary of him. She does not fall for first kindness, interest from someone.

It baffles me, but some people have seemed to interpret that as confirmation that, at best, she's an idiot that isn't worth sympathizing with; or at worst, she's a selfish harpy that just wants to use MC for his money. It seems to have made her the perfect target for male paranoia. Which I actually understand if someone's experienced that sorta thing before; that shit sticks with you and probably fucks with your perspective on women for a while. But if they haven't even, it just seems to echo this whole modern dude-bro moment in time where women are being defined by dipshit grifters like Tate and his incel marks. I'm not aiming that at you or even majority of people who might share your view, but certain people's reactions here were that cringe and that's what it reminded me of.
The people who caused the patch are ridiculous. I've never wanted her to leave the story yet I don't like her, I don't trust her, I still think she can cause ill fate on MC. What did change for me about her? I had some suspicions that she had malevolent intentions towards MC and actually cahooting with Brent to get some more money. I don't have these feelings that strongly anymore.

Anyways, no more Nicki for me please.
(in this thread, not in the game.)

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Nicki can be trusted. She's a LI in an AVN for goodness sakes it's not like she's in cahoots with Brent or will betray the mc lol.

Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Nicki can be trusted. She's a LI in an AVN for goodness sakes it's not like she's in cahoots with Brent or will betray the mc lol.
I know you don't play dark path at all Joshy and I barley play it myself I use the ctrl button alot whenever I have. But your comment got me thinking of something. I think it would be interesting for said dark path players if Nicki does work with Brent to get back at Guy for doing dark path things. Cause to me that version of Guy deserves to have bad things happen to him and more.

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I know you don't play dark path at all Joshy and I barley play it myself I use the ctrl button alot whenever I have. But your comment got me thinking of something. I think it would be interesting for said dark path players if Nicki does work with Brent to get back at Guy for doing dark path things. Cause to me that version of Guy deserves to have bad things happen to him and more.
I've thought of a good way Nicki could make evil path Guy suffer.
She could make him watch as she fucks a bbc!!! And not in a wholesome romantic sharing situation but in a mean 'sucked in I'm fucking another guy even though you love me' type of way

Reactions: Dessolos
4.50 star(s) 184 Votes