• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

stimtheone

Dec 3, 2018
Those worlds are literally in the same universe but different solar systems/galaxies.
Actually, I think many are alternate realities for one point. Remember the stargazing scene at the party? Alex identified all the constellations. These are UNIQUE per planet, so that place can only be an alternate version of Earth. Unless the suggestion is that there is a complete copy of the milky way somewhere else. There are far too many factors to have it replicate exactly down to such details. So I'm staying with the idea of "alternate reality", even with the addition of those allowing magic having that as a sort of rule for reality and not one that the game imposes.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Almost correct. Those worlds are literally in the same universe but different solar systems/galaxies. The "implants" that the humans are using allow you to project your meta-physical body (probably quantum physics and entanglement shit) onto a distant place.

As new worlds are discovered, the implants are automatically updated. Some of the species/beings in the universe can project their meta-physical bodies without the need of an implant like Idriel I suppose and some can open portals to known locations in the universe like Calypso.

Edit: Of course since Idriel was human but is already dead and having her soul bound to Eternum, she has most likely gained the ability to project her soul to other places.
There are theories on Idriel being the elf from Calypso's story (Anima)

Last edited:

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
Actually, I think many are alternate realities for one point. Remember the stargazing scene at the party? Alex identified all the constellations. These are UNIQUE per planet, so that place can only be an alternate version of Earth. Unless the suggestion is that there is a complete copy of the milky way somewhere else. There are far too many factors to have it replicate exactly down to such details. So I'm staying with the idea of "alternate reality", even with the addition of those allowing magic having that as a sort of rule for reality and not one that the game imposes.
Could be a parallel dimension I suppose...:unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TamreeFugar

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Hmmm....but then that raises the question do implants really matter for a soul to get bound to Eternum since she wouldn't have had an implant as an elf.
Eternum has been open to travel long before the nerve implant existed. The Andromeda tapes mention it with the Alien creator traveling through it in his dreams and encountering a Xenomorph (this was before Ulysses was even a thing). Luna's Grandma had mentioned that her sister's interactions with the dead also touched upon talk of Eternum (the "each dead has their own little heaven" talk).

Hell, even the protagonist of OIAL had visited it at some point. And that's before the nerve implant even existed.

Lel_1.jpg screenshot0010.png

So no, highly doubt implants matter for a soul to be bound and that it's as William said: that they're used to facilitate travel between Eternum and the real in an easier and more reliable fashion (while also providing Ulysses the means to track their players and their progress in the gem hunt).

kurocxl

Mar 19, 2023
hey everyone so i just started my run of eternum last month, great story btw, but was curious, the render quality or style was different in the beginning which is fine but then i saw it change at some point in the story to it looking more realistic 3D and thought oh maybe the dev got a nicer PC around this chapter, but im at the part where they are planning the heist and it back to looking like the quality from the start of the game, I'm not complain its still cool but just wanted to know if there's a story behind this?? if anyone can fill me in its just curiosity haha

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
hey everyone so i just started my run of eternum last month, great story btw, but was curious, the render quality or style was
Just your preferences and imagination , I suppose.

Because I certainly did not notice a difference. But then again I do feel that the render quality goes down when there's nova h-scenes, and yet again nova is my least favorite character in terms of appearance (sans chibi nova)

please dont kill me T_T

• Haha
Reactions: Hector Wimbleton

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
hey everyone so i just started my run of eternum last month, great story btw, but was curious, the render quality or style was different in the beginning which is fine but then i saw it change at some point in the story to it looking more realistic 3D and thought oh maybe the dev got a nicer PC around this chapter, but im at the part where they are planning the heist and it back to looking like the quality from the start of the game, I'm not complain its still cool but just wanted to know if there's a story behind this?? if anyone can fill me in its just curiosity haha
Huh? There is no story behind it. Cari's been using the same engine with the same settings from the start of the game. The only difference is that his use of lighting and the way he takes shots gets a lot better as time goes on, so certain scenes look "better" even though the graphical settings remain unchanged.

Radish Cruton

Nov 14, 2017
I understand the game perfectly … also mc power is being super lucky, hes friend with the top players of the game thats too convinient
No, you really don’t understand.

It's not the people Orion plays that are top players, he’s the special one - with 100% comparability and destine to break the chain.

Nothing here is too convenient, this is basic story telling. We’re following the story of Orion because that’s the interesting story. Of course he gets lucky, and is good, and interesting things happen, and girls are falling all over him. No one would play a game about an average guy who is boring, does nothing special, and the LIs are his socks.

I think there could be many valid criticisms made of the game and I have no issue with that. I simply think your criticisms come from a lack of understanding based on poor language comprehension. And I say that as someone for who English was a second language.

Apr 8, 2018
Just your preferences and imagination , I suppose.

Because I certainly did not notice a difference. But then again I do feel that the render quality goes down when there's nova h-scenes, and yet again nova is my least favorite character in terms of appearance (sans chibi nova)

please dont kill me T_T
View attachment 8mb.video-Fh2-M4cAZ30l.mp4

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "sans chibi nova" is that some sorta meta undertale reference that I don't get? Or is it some sort of discord emoji composed of Nova and Sans merged together or something?

4.80 star(s) 885 Votes