• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Bubbles and Sisters [Development thread]

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
I have nothing against making this real incest, wouldn't take me long. I thought stepcest would be "best of both worlds" where incest enjoyers would like it and people not into it would accept it. If I get more feedback like yours I'll switch it to real incest in coming updates
I second the notion, if you are not limited by the rules of patreon, then you might as well go all the way and make it a fully incest game, the player that like incest games prefer it, and the ones that dont like incest generally dont play games that have it even in step-family form, so you dont loose anything.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I hope you could consider it, or you could also add it as a optional preference into the game, for example that you can choose whether they are step or the real deal when starting the game.

I mean I prefer the real deal, and its what I expected when I saw this thread and the name of the title coming by so I was kinda disappointed when I saw the dreaded step words :ROFLMAO:

Would be great if you could look into it, it sure would get me hooked (and many others) instead of skipping it because the artwork and premise is great (y)
this 100%

Reactions: Een Vieze Vent

Bubbles and Sisters

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2023
this 100%
Next update I'll make it 100% incest. I didn't wanna bother with patreon and and I didn't wanna leave the itch/steam people out of the fun by having a patch (not sure they're too familiar with patches, and no clue if android people can patch stuff easily). Since 99% of the attention this game got has been from people who want the real deal I'll change it

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
Next update I'll make it 100% incest. I didn't wanna bother with patreon and and I didn't wanna leave the itch/steam people out of the fun by having a patch (not sure they're too familiar with patches, and no clue if android people can patch stuff easily). Since 99% of the attention this game got has been from people who want the real deal I'll change it
youre-a-good-lad-youre-a-good-person.gif

I'll definitely give it a spin once it get's updated, good job dev! (y)

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
Btw will the tomboy sister have a characters growth? I see you went with the typical mean big sister theme, but it would be sweet if she would end up being loving and affectionate towards MC.

29aca4e58900e47bab5ce87de0345ee5.png

I really like the tit growth timeline you have in mind for her tho, if she ends up like this she will surely be my favourite :love:

Reactions: meh1995

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Finally got our first animations!
We've encountered many small errors like artifacts showing, renpy not allowing webm-files to have transparent backgrounds. Feels good to now have all the steps in place to keep making more
Can I ask what it is you have arrived at as a solution to animation creation and playback?

Bubbles and Sisters

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2023
Btw will the tomboy sister have a characters growth? I see you went with the typical mean big sister theme, but it would be sweet if she would end up being loving and affectionate towards MC.

View attachment 3630067

I really like the tit growth timeline you have in mind for her tho, if she ends up like this she will surely be my favourite :love:
Yeah tit growth is planned and so far I've only planned for her falling for the MC in her thoughts, being slightly less mean with her words and some slip ups after sex where she shows that she's happy/satisfied

Bubbles and Sisters

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2023
Can I ask what it is you have arrived at as a solution to animation creation and playback?

Using live 2d/spline to render out like 120 frames, then making that into a WEBM and then using some weird tool to make a mask for renpy to allow that webm file to have a transparent background. It's way too complicated for just putting in a transparent video

Last edited:

Chris2041

Oct 12, 2017
Yeah tit growth is planned and so far I've only planned for her falling for the MC in her thoughts, being slightly less mean with her words and some slip ups after sex where she shows that she's happy/satisfied
It would be very cool if she later sometimes shows love to MC whitout being mean at least some little times i hope some character growth and not being the pissy tsundere all time

Yazen_

Nov 24, 2022
Hello again! Sorry it took me a while to get back to you and give my review, I've been busy with a couple of projects :D

But here's what I think so far. I actually just finished it, mostly I had to use your time skip mechanic since the only available quest only happens on weekends.

First of all, good job improving on all the things your community has to say with your first demo!

The current tutorial is concise and pretty intuitive and pretty much an overall improvement to have in this version of the game Now, I'd say it's better than most sandbox games out there! The UI, characters, the attention to detail where the MC's icon moves where ever he is on the map, everything has just been taken up a notch! :)

The functions you've made were helpful into getting progression for the quests. You don't know where to go? Just open the map. You don't know what to do? Just open the phone. Although there are some things you need to figure out yourself to find where certain items in the location is, I think that's perfectly fine as it encourages the players to explore more within the map. But while that's the case, I believe and this is ONLY my suggestion. You should add some teasing when people are exploring the map. Just like what you do in peeping in the bathroom but don't limit it at that.

I'm gonna give you an example. Maybe when you're looking for the lavender lying on the ground, you can maybe add some interactable in that same area that would lead to a lewd cutscene like the yoga lady simply walking outside naked for her own zen stuff. But then again, I understand that it's extra work and it's merely a suggestion. You're already on a great track so keep at it! :D(y)

~

Now as for the content, since the quests will be spread out obviously, I think eventually the pacing of your game will line up but for now since the other characters aren't developed yet, we will have to click a bunch to be able to get to that content on that certain day. I think it's fine, I can see where this is going and I'm all for it. But whenever you release the v.0.1 of your game officially, I think you should at least have a full week or two of ingame content so that people won't complain about how short your game is and that there's nothing much to do. (This is a subjective opinion)

~

Also, kudos to the straight up sex scene! I love it. There's not many developers who do that especially with a major character. It was fast paced but it still was pretty hot. Now I'm genuinely looking forward to every updates your game releases :D

PS. I got baited with the gloryhole :LUL: I was desperate so I tried to click on it 3 times every single night on the week

Bubbles and Sisters

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2023
Just putting out my kink - any future plans for full sleep sex/grope scenes?
Well MC is gonna stay a pure soul the whole game, a good guy. He might say some naughty stuff in bed but he won't be doing what's considered non censensual. Altough there will be a short story of a man groping some of the guests and getting consequences for it

Bubbles and Sisters

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2023
Hello again! Sorry it took me a while to get back to you and give my review, I've been busy with a couple of projects :D

But here's what I think so far. I actually just finished it, mostly I had to use your time skip mechanic since the only available quest only happens on weekends.

First of all, good job improving on all the things your community has to say with your first demo!

The current tutorial is concise and pretty intuitive and pretty much an overall improvement to have in this version of the game Now, I'd say it's better than most sandbox games out there! The UI, characters, the attention to detail where the MC's icon moves where ever he is on the map, everything has just been taken up a notch! :)

The functions you've made were helpful into getting progression for the quests. You don't know where to go? Just open the map. You don't know what to do? Just open the phone. Although there are some things you need to figure out yourself to find where certain items in the location is, I think that's perfectly fine as it encourages the players to explore more within the map. But while that's the case, I believe and this is ONLY my suggestion. You should add some teasing when people are exploring the map. Just like what you do in peeping in the bathroom but don't limit it at that.

I'm gonna give you an example. Maybe when you're looking for the lavender lying on the ground, you can maybe add some interactable in that same area that would lead to a lewd cutscene like the yoga lady simply walking outside naked for her own zen stuff. But then again, I understand that it's extra work and it's merely a suggestion. You're already on a great track so keep at it! :D(y)

~

Now as for the content, since the quests will be spread out obviously, I think eventually the pacing of your game will line up but for now since the other characters aren't developed yet, we will have to click a bunch to be able to get to that content on that certain day. I think it's fine, I can see where this is going and I'm all for it. But whenever you release the v.0.1 of your game officially, I think you should at least have a full week or two of ingame content so that people won't complain about how short your game is and that there's nothing much to do. (This is a subjective opinion)

~

Also, kudos to the straight up sex scene! I love it. There's not many developers who do that especially with a major character. It was fast paced but it still was pretty hot. Now I'm genuinely looking forward to every updates your game releases :D

PS. I got baited with the gloryhole :LUL: I was desperate so I tried to click on it 3 times every single night on the week
Thanks a lot I love your feedback!
I agree with the more random content. I really want to achieve that vibe you're talking about where you walk around and random teaser/humor scenes happen all the time and have quests lead you to explore and find them.

Hopefully the UI is good enough for the moment so we can focus on just adding more of those custom scenes.
Glory hole will be coming next update. I want to add at least 1 banger animation with every update and fill the house with content

• Love
Reactions: Yazen_ and anon280

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
The game is now fully incest, fixed some minor bugs and fixed the volume on all the SFX in the game.

We're releasing the next update once we have Sarah and Emily content with at least 2 animated scenes.
Currently working on some Emily content
Zoomed in teaser picture for the public:
View attachment 3640763
giphy.gif

Looking forward to try it out, good job dev!

Also, remember to adjust these :p

297afa908c5c52683397233e22fe1561.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: BTLD

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
Thanks, happy to change it and see the new reactions! Adjust the zoomed in pics or the sounds? I'm still not sure if I need to lower the music, though that can be done manually
No I meant the role description of the girls on the first post of this thread (they still say step but you changed them to full wincest now ;))

I would set the music to 1/3th if you could, so then people don't get blasted with loud music when they boot up the game. And text speed to max if it isn't like that yet.

Bubbles and Sisters

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2023
No I meant the role description of the girls on the first post of this thread (they still say step but you changed them to full wincest now ;))

I would set the music to 1/3th if you could, so then people don't get blasted with loud music when they boot up the game. And text speed to max if it isn't like that yet.
Oh yeah I'll change that on all my pages when the new update comes out! Don't want someone to download it and get that surprise in the game

I'll see what people say after this update about the sound. People can change it in game but if I change the music to make it perfect I'll have to change all the SFX again:coffee:

Text speed is instant in the game. The only things you have to wait for is some scenes and sprites I've set to 0.5second delay. You can really speedrun the game if you wanted to. I think the intro scene can be done in under 5 seconds if you press skip