• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Completed Resident Cheesel: Moushley [v1.3] [Edmango]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

EDMANGO

Apr 24, 2023
first off, it's great to hear from you! always nice when we have devs here who don't get mad at f95zone doing what it does

second off: i've included a screenshot below, showing what i mean. i can still interact with stuff, but they cover up a LOT of things
Yeaaaaahh I know exactly what this is, it's your device not reading the spritesheet that is storing all of the art assets for the environment props and it's replacing it with just a 1px texture that's blank. There's not really a good workaround for that other then me restructuring how it instantiates stuff (which is also the cause of the initial lag when you first load an area). I'm working on optimizing my scripts for the next project and preloading *everything* in an assetloader (which causes some lag at runtime but makes sure all assets are properly loaded, thanks godot for being weird about this), but I have no idea why a random device out in the internet would just not load the assets (or, conversely, show a black screen over half in a random area of the map)

I don't think I was doing anything odd and I am just using a laptop but seemingly no matter how I enter that room the left side is just an impenetrable black void.
Edit. I am going to try downloading and playing the Android version on my phone to see if that version works.
Edit 2. The APK version just immediately crashes after the first ingame cutscene ends
Are you on windows or a virtual machine or anything? Windows 11? I've had people have issues who are on windows 7/8/vista, no idea about XP or anything before that though.

As for the APK, yeah, it's labeled as experimental cause I don't have a good way to iterate and test on it right now. I included it since it worked on higher end devices I had some friends test it, but I don't have a great way to bugfix specifically for android when the issue is about the number of draw calls and for loops in the beginning initialization causing the crash. Hopefully optimizing my assetloader to do some things in the background will fix this in the future though.

Where is the last cheese? Or the second one, I suppose.

Nevermind, found it. just need to read things instead of clicking through text I guess.
If you download the art pack there's a .txt file in there that explains how to find all the endings and get all the secret cheeses, I included it for people who got stuck or just didn't want to read the game's text and who just went to look at the art in the folder.

Reactions: Vfan12

Roxas Oblivion

Aug 5, 2018
This is a short but cute game also, holy hell man im trying to bust a nut not bust a move don't put fire music like this i was in the main menu for a fat minute.

snailman1999

Feb 27, 2020
Are you on windows or a virtual machine or anything? Windows 11? I've had people have issues who are on windows 7/8/vista, no idea about XP or anything before that though.

As for the APK, yeah, it's labeled as experimental cause I don't have a good way to iterate and test on it right now. I included it since it worked on higher end devices I had some friends test it, but I don't have a great way to bugfix specifically for android when the issue is about the number of draw calls and for loops in the beginning initialization causing the crash. Hopefully optimizing my assetloader to do some things in the background will fix this in the future though.
nope, Windows 10 and the APK issue is quite understandable in that case.
Edit. I decided to redownload and test it out again and not even running as Admin worked and the console one had a lot of error messages

Last edited:

Shintomi

Apr 5, 2017
Hi, I made this game

The debug mode issue is more because I was dumb and didn't export it as release build (it's literally just a tick box), I've pushed a bugfix version out on the itch page. But this white square bug is *VERY* new to me, could you post a screenshot of it or PM me what it looks like, because boy howdy does that sound SUPER weird and I'm imagining something is happening that's causing the tilemap to just break entirely.

You're right, it's not, you're the 4th or 5th person I've seen report this bug and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing it. I thought it was the main menu glitching out, but it's not the right color, nor is it in the right position to just be a bug with that. It can't be the Background Manager or the UI manager either because it's still a different color. It's almost like the viewport just crapped itself, but only in this room. I'm also not doing anything *different* here either so it's just weird. What kind of device do you have or are running the game on? And do you remember what you did just before this and entered the room, maybe something like spam click something, or open the menu during a level transition?

Either way, thanks for the memes y'all I just love Moushley and got hit with the brain worms to make something with her.
Thank you for making this game! It's a lot of fun for a short experience. I'd definitely be interested in a more fleshed out version if you ever decide to revisit the concept!

f5kingcome

Jun 1, 2023
can anyone help me, it's not even letting me play the game, I think its have to do with the debug menu

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Can someone provide a screenshot of that blacked out room? I managed to click everywhere to find the statue and the door back, but I'm not doing it multiple times without being able to roughly see where I'm going since I have to click where I think something is, then guess where the bubble would be.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Can someone provide a screenshot of that blacked out room? I managed to click everywhere to find the statue and the door back, but I'm not doing it multiple times without being able to roughly see where I'm going since I have to click where I think something is, then guess where the bubble would be.
Here you go:
Cheese_statue_room.png

Reactions: shmurfer

consey

Aug 6, 2022
Does anyone know where the 4 cheese is?
You should go backreading and there is only 3 cheese lol
Hi, I made this game

The debug mode issue is more because I was dumb and didn't export it as release build (it's literally just a tick box), I've pushed a bugfix version out on the itch page. But this white square bug is *VERY* new to me, could you post a screenshot of it or PM me what it looks like, because boy howdy does that sound SUPER weird and I'm imagining something is happening that's causing the tilemap to just break entirely.

You're right, it's not, you're the 4th or 5th person I've seen report this bug and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing it. I thought it was the main menu glitching out, but it's not the right color, nor is it in the right position to just be a bug with that. It can't be the Background Manager or the UI manager either because it's still a different color. It's almost like the viewport just crapped itself, but only in this room. I'm also not doing anything *different* here either so it's just weird. What kind of device do you have or are running the game on? And do you remember what you did just before this and entered the room, maybe something like spam click something, or open the menu during a level transition?

Either way, thanks for the memes y'all I just love Moushley and got hit with the brain worms to make something with her.
Hi thank you for making this short game it really made me happy with this short experience game was very fun and had cute characters and the cheese ending made me search for the 2nd cheese for straight 30 minutes or so. I really enjoyed some of the endings.

Reactions: Shintomi

Bruhaha213

Aug 21, 2019
Absolutely lovely little game. I wouldn't say it's fap worthy with how short and humorous it is, but I would love to see more in the future.

ENF is top tier and I wanted to see Moushley get into more situations of acquiring and losing clothes and being confronted by Wolveon and Catda. Also more traps. That mousetrap scene in the Naked Ending was perfection.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
How to get all endings? Only got like 3.
Ending depends on the clothes you have when you leave.
You can avoid losing sweater by giving the statue an unlit torch.
You can avoid losing panties by finding soiled panties in a trash heap. And by slipping out of your skirt at the first trap.
You can find a torn skirt in another trash heap.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes