• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I've been thinking of changing my support from Patreon to Subscribestar. I've just been really grumpy lately about Patreon moving the goalposts and dictating content and sometimes having to pirate "full versions" of games I support on Patreon. I guess I must ask if there is a difference in how devs are compensated between the platforms or if I am just paying for convenience and providing less support for the dev and more profit for a platform. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? I've been donating on Patreon for something like 10 years now and it might just be brand loyalty or inertia keeping me on it at this point.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I wonder if Lucien knows that he has made a very powerful enemy in me? I wouldn't have cared if he tried to kill me or anything like that, but he has put Risa in danger and that's something I won't tolerate or forgive.

Sleep with one eye open Lucien you piece of shit. This is also a warning to Brent, Jamie and any dude in the game who hurts Mason.

Last edited:

armond

Apr 26, 2020
I wonder if Lucien knows that he has made a very powerful enemy in me? I wouldn't have cared if he tried to kill me or anything like that, but he has put Risa in danger and that's something I won't tolerate or forgive.

Sleep with one eye open Lucien you piece of shit. This is also a warning to Brent, Jamie and any dude who hurts Mason.
Sudden urge to hurt Mason :devilish: :coffee:

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I've been thinking of changing my support from Patreon to Subscribestar. I've just been really grumpy lately about Patreon moving the goalposts and dictating content and sometimes having to pirate "full versions" of games I support on Patreon. I guess I must ask if there is a difference in how devs are compensated between the platforms or if I am just paying for convenience and providing less support for the dev and more profit for a platform. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? I've been donating on Patreon for something like 10 years now and it might just be brand loyalty or inertia keeping me on it at this point.
probably not the best place to discuss that, but basically patreon is more expensive but is easier and quicker to get paid.

Reactions: NewTricks

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
If you can do it. Devs get a bigger share of the money and if you aren't paying on dollars the conversion rate is also cheaper on subscribestar.

Reactions: NewTricks

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
probably not the best place to discuss that, but basically patreon is more expensive but is easier and quicker to get paid.
This is an important consideration. As a freelancer, I often have to deal with the same issue. Do work for someone who will pay less money but on time or rather for someone who will pay more but get to your invoice in their own sweet time. The struggle is real. Thank you. I might take this info into consideration once I take my own game public and am actually comfortable asking for patronage for it.

4.60 star(s) 177 Votes