Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

AquaticAmbiance

May 11, 2024
No comment :love:
Jill deserves an award for playing in those heels. Those two are classy as fuck. I don't usually vibe so hard with characters in a VN, but these two's friendship and trust is beyond anything I've ever seen done. If anything happens to one of them so help me god I'll cry.... again. That recital got me in the feels already. Bella's love for Jill hits different, I can't explain it.

• Love
Reactions: Donnie Brasco

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
There is a lot of truth in the things you talk about. I joined this forum a year and a half ago. I had no idea what DAZ was and how it worked. People were discussing the exact proportions and what model mixes Dr.Pink used for the game characters. Only the pro's you mentioned were uploading quality renders.

I think the turning point came when Night Hacker started sharing his character assets from the game. This gave many fans with amateur 3d visualization skills(like me :)) the opportunity to be able to create decent stuff. But you're very right that working with DAZ requires a hell of a lot of time in addition to skill. Time that can be used for extra income or family, friends, sports etc. I myself also have a family and spend much less time on creating new renders.

At the end of the day if you are a professional you will look to profit from your skills and develop. That's why I mentioned in the post to lockhear 's last series of pieces that I can't imagine the huge amount of time he spent creating them. Realistically he's not going to gain anything from it, and I'm guessing he's only doing it because it gives him pleasure (as it does most posters in this thread)
And really, after a certain amount of time (especially with the long process of creating each new DIK episode) you start to get bored of the same characters and renders.
Glad I could help. It was a steep learning curve for me, but I enjoy a challenge and seeing people who didn't seem to be able to get the characters exactly right, I figured why not share what I found, plus certain people asked me privately to discover assets for their favourites, like Zoey who was a huge pain to find all her assets, but ironically, the harder it is, the more obsessed I tend to get in finding it.

I love the art created in here as well. Especially humour. I actually still have a couple characters I want to create from this game I'll get around to sooner or later.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes