Ren'Py New Ren'Py Token Check (when creating a save)

shoty

Apr 27, 2017
Actualy, the solution that saveeditonline proposed works wonders and its quite easy to implement, just go to the renpy folder inside you main game folder, look for savetoken.py, open it with a text editor and replace the line "if token_dir is None" to "if True", and that´s it, you can import any save you want, without further modify you save or upload your codes anywhere. No mod needed, it´s quite simple
Hello Twistty
Hey so I did your mod and installed it in a game that I was playing and it worked wonders, but I try modifying the save again it gave me this, any thoughts? View attachment 3664426

• Hey there
Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Actualy, the solution that saveeditonline proposed works wonders and its quite easy to implement, just go to the renpy folder inside you main game folder, look for savetoken.py, open it with a text editor and replace the line "if token_dir is None" to "if True", and that´s it, you can import any save you want, without further modify you save or upload your codes anywhere. No mod needed, it´s quite simple
That is only a partial fix - depending on the ren'py version used.
Some of the newer versions added a few extra line of code - if not edited or removed - may cause "issues".

Also the "extra_savedirs_fix.rpy" file - stops the extra "sync" files *(redundant save files) from being created in the appdata/roaning/renpy/game folders. Those files are fairly useless - and wastes a lot of drive space. It also includes some of the most common, and used game fixes - that aid many games.

But the choice is always up to each individual user! ;)
Cheers

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Twistty
I've recently ran into a conflict on a few games I thought I'd bring to your (and everyone else's) attention. If a game does NOT have a .../renpy/common/00steam.rpy file in place, adding your fixes (and thereby adding that 00steam.rpy file) will crash the game at onset with:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Removing that file allows the game to run without issue. Do we need to have two versions? One for games headed to Steam and another version for non-Steam games?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Twistty
I've recently ran into a conflict on a few games I thought I'd bring to your (and everyone else's) attention. If a game does NOT have a .../renpy/common/00steam.rpy file in place, adding your fixes (and thereby adding that 00steam.rpy file) will crash the game at onset with:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Removing that file allows the game to run without issue. Do we need to have two versions? One for games headed to Steam and another version for non-Steam games?
Yes - I totally forgot about that when I updated my mod.

Edit:
The game you listed is:
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
It shouldn't even need this mod - just the extra_savedirs_fix.rpy - if you find the game fixes useful.
The renpy folder part of the mod is only needed if it has a savetoken.py already a part of the game.

Last edited: