• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

MMD discussion/sharing

Welikeboobie

Jun 27, 2023
iwara has launched a new file sharing service. This service allows users to change passwords at any time, and some content creators may consider using it instead of Mega or Patreon. This poses a potential threat to us.

It's a cheaper option too from what I can see, definitely might make many content creators use it instead of mega, but it's not particularly a threat. In the first place you shouldn't be sharing direct links to a creators works but you should be reuploading it to a different link and sharing that link instead, so unless you are thinking of directly sharing iwara.zip links, there should be no issues, although this will possibly make it harder to get your hands on the creator's works.

smallMatt

Mar 22, 2018
iwara has launched a new file sharing service. This service allows users to change passwords at any time, and some content creators may consider using it instead of Mega or Patreon. This poses a potential threat to us.

Not more of a threat than any other thing, honestly. Authors are aware of sharing and tend to switch folders around to make links invalid. Others send only dms
Also Kem is a shitshow in general (most of the times.)
As long as folks don't do direct links or go tell the makers straight up it should be fine. If anything I'd be glad to see /Mega/ links lose a bit of traction. Lol.

Reactions: REIKAMISHI

Reyas

Oct 11, 2020

With how much of a clusterfk iwara has been for the past couple of years, I really don't think there is anything to worry about.